A Christmas Miracle

"Be careful now or you might fall.. for me again, fufufu~"

"Quit with the cheesy lines already mouuu"

Today, You and Kaito had finally decided to start decorating the house the both of you had been living in for the past 4 years of being a married couple for Christmas. It will only be the two of you who will be celebrating the special holiday rather than going to a Christmas gathering with the Kudo, Hakuba and Hattori family like last Christmas. It was quite entertaining to see the three detectives and your magician bond together since when each of them got married, they are all more focus on their family and their jobs that they never really got the time to hangout. 

Glancing at the pictures on the wall near the the Christmas tree, there hangs the photo of the guys during that time causing you to chuckle. From Kaito and Shinichi impersonating each other as their past alter ego, Kaito snickering at the photo with Hakuba's hair dyed pink, Hakuba scaring the shit out of your husband with a plush toy fish and Hattori and Shinichi trying to outdo each other with a detective quiz Shinichi's father made for them.

***

[Flashback]

(Last Year Christmas, Kudo Residence)

"Hey no fair! Ya cheated!"

"How can I cheat when I'm already wearing a blindfold~? "

"Yer a magician of course ya will have some tricks up yer sleeve! I mean how can ya even guessed what my card is without seein' it?!"

"..Magic?"

"Fair enough" - Shinichi & Hakuba

"What y'all mean fair enough?!"

Everyone laughed when Heiji threw the deck of cards down on the ground, Christmas had come and the four family had decided to celebrate the holiday together since You, Ran, Aoko and Kazuha at least wanted the four of them to start hanging out again without any work to bother them. At first they disagreed but wife is always right so here they are, playing games and catching up on what's been going on in their life. 

Just the sight of the guys excited expression, despite it not being that obvious, made the four of you happy. It sure did made you and the girl's sad when you guys haven't hangout that much but now, all of you where given a chance to catch up with each other and spend the time with the group complete.

***

[Present]

While you decorate the Christmas tree and finally putting the star on top, you looked at Kaito who's cross legged sitting on the floor while putting the decoration on the tree, with a santa hat on. This made you smiled, who knew you'll end up marrying the troublemaker in your class who everyone was expecting to marry Aoko instead of you? It was quite a sight when Kaito had brought you to the reunion as his partner and Hakuba with Aoko, everyone wasn't expecting it at all since you and Kaito actually had hidden the fact that the both of your are dating... Just. To. Witnessed. This. Moment. Yes, you read it right. He actually planned this wayyy back in high school.

***

[Flashback]

(High School days, 3rd year)

"Say Y/n, wouldn't it be funny if we hide our relationship and surprised everyone when a reunion happens in the future?"

You and Kaito are currently in Tropical Land for your date and hearing him say such nonsense, you'll usually disagree with him and protest but it made you think otherwise, you really didn't mind the whole class misunderstanding Kaito and Aoko's friendship and it will be funny to see everyone's reaction.. why not then?