Behind The Mask (Part II)

Genre: Romance, Fluff

Date Published: September 29, 2020

"Ehh?!! You guys won't be able to make it?!" You exclaimed as you pace back and forth in your room, already in your dress and a F/C half mask.

Three days had passed and it's now 6 o'clock in the evening, however it seems like Shinichi got a cold after diving into a pool to saved a little girl who has been pushed while the murderer was trying to escaped during one of his case yesterday.

"I'm so sorry Y/n-chan, I need to take care of him since nobody will if I came along at the Ball." Ran sighed as she gave Shinichi a glare which he returned back with a coughed.

You grabbed a F/C purse as you made your way downstairs, still on the phone with Ran. You were supposed to come with them together in Shinichi's car but now that he has a cold, you have to call yourself a taxi to get to the venue. Locking the front door you headed towards the elevator.

"Alright alrighttt I'll tell Sonoko-chan if she ever asked where you two are. Oii Shinichi you better not be a burden to her alright?!" You shouted on the phone making Ran pull the phone away from her ears.

Shinichi rolled his eyes as he answered back in a hoarse voice,

"I'm already being a burden so no need to tell me." Ran chuckled as she patted his head.

"Not really, I like taking care of you... if you behave and stop being stubborn." She said narrowing her eyes at the detective.

You smiled to yourself as you stepped in the elevator pressing the ground floor button. You said goodbye to Ran before they start their usual lover's quarrel.

"Guess I have to enjoy this Ball by myself."

You thought and before the elevator door closed, a hand suddenly grap ahold of it startling you. Making the door opened, a man dressed in all white along with a white one eye mask on his right eye appeared in front of you.

It seemed like you weren't the only one in the building who will be attending the masquerade ball. Stepping aside to make room for the gentleman, you glance at his appearance. Quite familiar in your eyes but you just can't put your finger on it, maybe you two once crossed path in the hallways? No, you usually don't pay much attention to that. Then maybe an old acquaintance? You were really not sure.

"It's a pleasure to meet you once again, remember me?" The gentleman said as he gives you a smile making you blushed.

Now you remember! It was the guy you bumped onto at the mall! Without the cap, you can see his facial appearance now. Wild hair, pale skin and a pair of captivating indigo eyes.

"Oh! You're that magician! Who would've thought you're also invited to the masquerade ball." You said returning back a smile to him.

For some reason, even though you already know him as the guy you met by accident at the mall, it seems like there's still more to it. Not only his voice but his appearance is really familiar but the mask prevents you from fully seeing his face.

"Why yes, I was personally invited by Sonoko-san after all. Are you going alone for the Ball?" He asked as he puts his hand in his pockets, facing the elevator door where both your reflection is showing.

Personally invited...it can't be right? Just because he's a magician doesn't mean that he's the one you're looking for.

"Well, I was gonna go with two of my childhood friends but one of them got sick so they won't be able to go." You sighed as you glance at him, for a moment there you could've sworn you saw him smirk. Weird..