Wish I Was Her

Ever since middle school, you have developed some feelings for Kaito and despite knowing how Aoko felt towards him, you couldn't helped falling for him. It started off as a mild admiration and crush but soon, when the three of you started the first year of high school, your feelings grew deeper that it wasn't a mere admiration anymore but love. You kept it hidden from the two of them since it was for the best, everyone in class already knows that those two will end up dating each other and you know that they were right. 

The way Kaito looks at Aoko with such an affectionate gazed in his eyes was already enough to confirmed that he likes Aoko, it's painful that your love for him ended up with being an unrequited love but there was nothing that you could do but support them. When graduation is nearing, rumors has been spreading around that they were already secretly dating but you weren't sure and you didn't have the courage to personally asked them about it. But it seems like the answer was already in front of your eyes. 

There, at a distant near the cherry blossom tree where you three usually hang out, was the couple sharing such a passionate kiss. It was painful to watch but you couldn't move nor looked away, the thumping on your chest aches and the tears spilling out of your eyes where not stopping. Begging for your legs to move and get you away from this place wasn't helping at all, its like your body wants you to wake up and realized that you'll never be the one who stands by Kaito's side. Covering your trembling lips, your body finally managed to move and you took this opportunity to run away from that place. 

***

Painful sobs and cries filled the air where you're currently at, sitting down on the grass covered hill beside a bridge and river, you weren't holding back as you cried non-stop while hugging your legs. The sun was already setting but you weren't planning on leaving just yet, you don't want to go home.. Knowing that there will be a chance that you'll crossed path with the couple since the three of you are neighbors, you rather wait until it gets dark. 

Wiping the tears that continues to stream down your face, you were surprised when a handkerchief was suddenly offered to you as you looked up to see a splitting image of Kaito. The guy in front of you gives off such a different vibe compared to the magician, who..is he? Worried azure eyes meet your e/c ones causing you to looked away while continue wiping the tears off your face. 

"It's already getting dark, you should go home. It's dangerous to walk by yourself at night you know."

Even the way that he speaks is different, well he's not Kaito after all but he does look familiar.. 

"Who are you?.."

"Kudo Shinichi, a detective."

That's why he looks familiar, he's the detective representing the East, a high school detective from Teitan High. Looking behind him, you saw a girl around your age who's a splitting image of Aoko. You didn't know what to do, whether to laugh or not that even the guy who's trying to comfort you looks exactly like Kaito, who also has a lover that looks like Aoko. Laughing between your sobs catching the couples attention, you got up and bowed a thanks before leaving them. 

Seeing your disappearing silhouette, Shinichi and Ran looked at each other worriedly. This is not the first time they have seen you crying in that place, when he return back to his normal life as Kudo Shinichi and started going back to school in their third year, he finally asked Ran out and the both have been dating since. The route they usually take when they go out on a date outside of Beika city was the same place where you always are, and like the first time you were crying as well. 

"I wonder if she'll be alright.. every time we see her she's always crying-"

"He's really an idiot."