You Till The End

[Welcome, No. 1412. Which year will you prefer to go next?]

"Take me to year ××××."

[As you wish. Year ××××.]

Taking his sit on the machine, he put the head piece on then proceed to connect the wires onto his body. Kuroba Kaito is currently going back in time using the time machine he made throughout the years just to be reunited with you, his lover. It has been very difficult for him ever since you had passed away that he ended up creating machine that can help him go back in time, just to be with you. Looking at the photo of you and him during the wedding day, he couldn't helped but teared up but quickly wiping it away. He needs to be strong, he's gonna meet you now after all, his beloved Kuroba Y/n.

"See you soon, Y/n."

***

Going back in time where his consciousness is currently in his past body, he slowly opened his eyes to see a familiar ceiling, he's back at his parent's house. Getting up, he looked at himself in front of the mirror and was surprised to see his young 17 years old self. He wasn't supposed to go back in time in this year! He was supposed to go back around in his 20's where he's already together with you but..

"What's the meaning of this.." Kaito mumbled as he looks around then checked the calendar to see that it was the day where he'll be the second Kaitou Kid of the century. Cursing under his breath, he sighed as he let himself fall back down on the bed. Well, it's not like he can't enjoy this while he's here. The duration of going back in time before he's send back to his present is only 30 days after all so he might as well have fun. 

Grinning widely, he got off the bed excitedly then touch the portrait of his father and like the first time, it abruptly open taking him by surprised as he falls in. Knowing that he'll see you soon in the next 10 days really made him forget about that tragic incident that ended your life.

"It's showtime!!!"

***

"Do you believe in time travel, Metantei?"

"What nonsense are you talking about, Kid." Conan said with a serious tone in his voice not taking his eyes off the phantom thief in front of him, still pointing the tranquilizer watch while wondering why the thief in front of him haven't fled yet.

Kaito knows that he should be leaving now before the tiny detective puts him to sleep but he needed some time to think, 30 days had passed and he's still here in the past, not waking back up to his current present. Did something happened-

[WARNING: System error.]

[Virus scan: Loading..]

[Virus scan complete: No Virus Detected]

[Host's body: Scanning..]

[Scan complete: No issue on the host detected]

[Error Unknown]

This took him aback, there has been an error? But how? He made sure that everything is working fine before he proceed to use it, did he perhaps forgot to check something? Not realizing his poker face disappearing little by little, Conan finally caught a glimpse of Kid's current emotion at that moment. He's... panicking? But why? Before Kid completely let his emotions be shown, he grinned at the detective in front of him catching him off guard. Using this opportunity, he threw a smoke bomb onto the ground as he disappeared.

"Kid!!!"

"My apology, Metantei. Let's continue our duel some other time."

***

"You dropped this, milady."

"T-thank you!"

Days passed by and he finally got to see you for the second time. The first time he had ever saw you was during a heist, seeing your vibrant h/c among the crowd and those pair of e/c eyes of yours filled with joy and excitement as he escaped the task force, you instantly captured his interest that after that day, he will always look into the sea of people but he didn't see you after that.. up until now. Like the first time in the past, you dropped a hard drive that contains a very important document to be passed that day. At first, you two didn't meet after that not until you saved him during an incident in one of the heist in a building. You took care of him and despite finding out about his identity while the magician is unconscious, you kept your words and didn't tell a single soul.

You bid the magician goodbye and quickly hurried to your school with Kaito smiling as he waved while still looking at your direction. Who would've thought his savior will end up being his wife in the near future? But..

"It was only for awhile before.."

Biting his lower lips, he turned around to the opposite direction as he makes his way back home. No matter how many times he goes back in time to spend his little time with you, the past won't change.. you will still leave him alone, to suffer and rely on going back into the past to be with you.

"I can't keep torturing myself like this, I had to end this at some point. Once I return back into my time, I'll destroy this machine. This will be the last time I'll get to spend my time with you, Y/n.."

Letting the tears roll down his crestfallen face, a silhouette of someone is staring at him, interested on the magicians reason for letting his guard down and removing his mask in a public place.

***

"I beg your pardon, Metantei?"

"You're Kuroba Kaito, aren't you? Kaitou Kid."

This wasn't supposed to happen, well not this early but seeing the serious tiny detective in front of him while the both of them talked on a rooftop after another successful heist, it seems like the detective have successfully figured out his identity. All the color on Kid's face was drain when Conan removed the tracking device the size of a coin on his cape. 

"You're not being cautious like before, Kid. Did something happen causing you to let your guard down? Or is this connected to the question you've asked me the previous time?"

"..."

"I'll take that as a yes. I don't believe on such things but I'm gonna ask anyway. Are you from the future, Kuroba Kaito?"

The determined look on his fated rival made things clear now, the reason why the past is changing is because he couldn't escaped from his Metantei's sharp eyes. Sighing in defeat, he removed his monocle along with his mask that wasn't really helping him at all. 

"You're right, Metan- no, Kudou Shinichi. I'm Kuroba Kaito as well as Kaitou Kid from the future."

***

A/N: I'm just gonna leave this here as I procrastinate during exam week- 

Update: I'm stuck so Imma just reupload this and work on part 2 instead-