Never Again (Afterstory of YWAT)

Genre: Romance, Drama

Date Published: October 11, 2020

"Who would've thought you'll return back to us after 5 years? You're really full of surprises you know that? "

"Well I am previously The Kaitou Kid after all" Kaito said snickering while rubbing his cheek from Shinichi pinching it, hard.

After Kaito suddenly showed up yesterday, alive, you quickly gave Shinichi a call. At first Shinichi was having doubts about it but after hearing Kaito over the phone Shinichi quickly booked a flight leaving the same day. Now, with Ran and their 4 years old child, Conan, are here in your place. It was funny seeing how Shinichi just stared at Kaito for the passed 5 minutes upon arriving and then pinching the poor magician's cheeks, everyone could see the relief in Shinichi's eyes as he confirmed that Kaito is as real as ever in front of him.

You were crying non-stop yesterday when he showed up and of course, the twins are really happy to finally meet their dad, who they thought was dead. You hadn't realized it but it felt like a ton of weight was lifted off your shoulders when you saw Kaito, it felt like it's too good to be true.

You watched the two in front of you talked as both you and Ran chuckled. It was quite a rare scene seeing how both are in their persona, sitting across from you two with Conan sitting on Shinichi's lap and the twins on Kaito's lap and shoulder. Who would've thought this two will actually get to meet each other outside of the heist? Moreover, with their kids who's a splitting image of them?

"By the way Kaito-kun, you still haven't told us how exactly you survived." Ran said interrupting the two from their conversation as Kaito looked at you and smiled.

It felt like you two went back to the time when you two just started dating as you felt butterflies in your stomach making you blushed. Kaito snickered when he noticed it as you pouted at him crossing your arms.

"Kids, how about you play with Conan-kun at the backyard? We just have something to discuss about alright?" Kaito said putting your youngest twin down with Kaito II (the second) getting off his shoulder and grabbing Conan's hand.

"Let's go, I'm gonna teach you some magic trick Papa taught us!" Kaito II said as Conan looked up at Shinichi asking for his approval.

Shinichi smiled as he puts Conan down and patted his head.

"Go on, just don't let this two dragged you to do something stupid like their father does." Shinichi said shooting Kaito a bored look.

"Hey!!" Kaito and the oldest twin exclaimed as they pouted at Shinichi. As your oldest grew up, you could definitely see that he took after your husband. It was cute how he tries to pull off some pranks on you when you've already experience far more terrible once from a certain someone.

"Uncle Shinichi is right though. I'll make sure nii-chan doesn't pull any pranks or tricks." Your youngest said as he grabbed ahold of Conan's hand and his brother's pulling them to the backyard. As the oldest took after Kaito, your youngest took after you but of course both of them took after their father's features except for Kaito II eyes, he got it after your pair of E/c.

As the three children exit the living room, you and Shinchi stood up switching seats as both of you sat beside your other halfs. Kaito closed his eyes as he let out a sighed.

"I know we got a lot of catching up to do since it has been 5 years when I disappeared but I want to tell all of you how I'm... alive?" Kaito chuckled as he opens his eyes then looked at you and the two couple across from the both of you.