Link

Genre: Romance, Drama, Fantasy, Tragedy[?]

Date Published: October 28, 2020

"Hey Kaito?"

"Hmm? Yeah?"

"Do you think we'll get the chance to meet each other?.."

"... I don't know but that'll be the only thing in this world that I would want."

In this world, everything has became advanced. To keep the world from overpopulating, an artificial planet was made not far away from Earth called Earth X143. The planet is no different from Earth and it was made 3,000,000 years ago.

You and Kaito have been dating for 3 years now, both of you only wished for one thing and that is to meet each other face to face. A website called Link brought you two together and as both of you talked more and hangout more (through hologram video call), your feelings for each other deepen. The only problem is that you lived on Earth while Kaito lives on Earth X143, you would've asked to be move from that planet but it takes 20 years to get it approved and far too expensive.

Kaito, on the other hand, doesn't agree with you moving to Earth X143. The reason is that the planet is indeed identical with the original one and has it's own moon but the problem is that the planet is located nearly outside the safe zone. A lot of near asteroids passed by and he doesn't want you to live on such a place that might end up getting destroyed sooner or later in the future.

***

"Hey Kaitoooo do you have class today?"

"Nahh~ they canceled it for now which is why I'm calling you~" He said grinning widely as a hologram of him sat down beside you on the couch.

Today's technology is advanced that such things exist now from flying cars to robots but it was good to know that they still kept mother nature alive. Based on your lessons from History, it seems like people back in the days (our current generation lol) are being way to greedy and unfair when it comes to nature. From fire outbreaks to breaking down of trees, even the sea life being affected. You were glad you didn't have to live in that day since today's society is stable now with no wars, discrimination, corrupted politics and such that sometimes it's way too peaceful now.

Kaito glanced at your hologram from beside his as he smiled, he would've do everything to be born in the same planet as you. Even if he was across a different country from yours, its better than being a planet away from each other. 

"Y/n, have you ever regretted dating someone like me who lives on X143?" He asked while looking at you then grinning.

You knew him for 3 years now and you know that the reason he's asking this is that... he doesn't want you to live a lonely life on Earth with no lover by your side. He can survive loving you for the rest of his life even despite not being able to be with you but he cared for your future, he wants you to be with someone who's actually there, and can take care of you.

You glared at him as you faced him and "pinch" his cheeks.

"Didn't I told you that you're the only guy that I'll ever need and love? Or are you asking me this because you found someone there?" You asked pouting at him as he chuckled then patted your head, even though it wouldn't work since he's just a hologram to you.

"That will never happen, no girl can ever replace you I guarantee that!" He said confidently as he suddenly grab a deck of card from his pocket.

This brought a smile on your face as he started performing a magic show in front of you. Nobody acknowledges magicians anymore because of the advanced technology but you, whenever he performed a magic trick in front of you it always makes you smile and at awe. There is a trick behind in every magic but Kaito's is far more unique than the others. His family was a generation of magicians after all.