A Valentines To Remember

"Say Y/n, isn't it Valentines Day tomorrow ~?" Kaito, who's currently sitting beside you mentioned while giving you a wide grin.

"Yeah... and??"

Kaito nearly fell off the couch when he heard that, not to mentioned your expression didn't changed at all or whatsoever by the mention of the special holiday.

It has been already around 5 months since you and Kaito have started going out with each other and Kaito has been the happiest when he found out that you love him as well. The confession he did on top of the rooftop as Kaitou Kid was maybe one of the most nerve-racking thing he had ever done in his life but it was all worth it in the end.

You were happy being together with Kaito as well. When he revealed himself to you on top of the rooftop of a hotel Kaito asked you to come to for dinner,  you were surprised but also you were already expecting it. You're one of those people who have been suspicious about Kaito being the Phantom Thief and knowing that you were right and he shared the same feelings of romance towards you have made your seemingly lonely and dull life be more bright and lively.

When you saw the pout on Kaito's face, it made you chuckled earning you a playful glare from the said magician. It was not like you're taking the holiday too lightly or anything like that, it was because... well, Let's just say you were actually nervous that he'll bring it up when you're gonna make the chocolates tonight.

"Don't tell me you're not giving your oh so amazing and good looking boyfriend some chocolates? I'm hurt babe~" Kaito said dramatically while placing a hand on his chest like he was shot or something.

You couldn't helped but laughed as you hit his shoulder lightly asking him to stopped.

"It's not like that, you just have to wait for tomorrow alright? Don't get too excited now my 'oh so amazing and good looking boyfriend' " You answered back teasingly after placing a soft kiss on his lips to shut him off, snickering when you saw his eyes narrowing at you while a dust of blushed appeared on his cheeks which you find adorable.

When you saw that grinned you knew so well, it was already a signal for you to run before he tackle you to the ground and tickle the hell out of you.

Getting off the couch you and Kaito are currently sitting at, you made a run for the kitchen and laughed when you finally heard him coming after you.

"Oh you come here now you sneaky thief!!"

"You're the sneaky thief, Mr. Phantom Thief~!"

***

"Ugh, will this do or should I make another batch just in case?" You said after letting out a sigh.

It's already 11:55 in the evening and you still can't seem to perfect the chocolate truffles you're gonna give to Kaito tomorrow. You were not sure if it's the right amount of sweetness or if you should make it even more sweeter. I mean, yeah your boyfriend is a sweet addict but there are still some chocolates that are too sweet for his taste right?

Staring at the decorated chocolate truffles in front of you, already in the red velvet box, you finally decided that this might be it after glancing at the failed attempts on the side of the counter.

Closing the box and tying the ribbon neatly, you were startled when the lights suddenly turned off. A blackout? Feeling around the kitchen, you grabbed a flashlight in one of the covers then turned it on to see a figure standing tall in front of you which startled you and nearly made you scream bloody murder.

You didn't know if it's a burglar or a murderer but as soon as you finally caught a glimpse of who is in front of you, you grabbed a whisk and hit Kaito with it non-stop. 

"Don't scare me like that you idiottt!" You shouted at him while repeatedly hitting the poor magician with the still chocolate covered whisk while Kaito tries to save his poor head, tries.

"Ouch ouch!!! I was just messing around- Aww! Stop it already it hurts!!" Kaito exclaimed then finally, you stopped when the lights suddenly turned back on.

You were both surprised and flustered to finally see your lover in front of you, in his Kaitou Kid suit holding what seemed to be a box of chocolate and a bouquet of your favorite flowers. The last time you had seen him like this was the time he confessed his love to you 5 months ago, the same day Kaitou Kid had disappeared in the face of the media.

And just like that time, the clocked in the house made a short ringing sound indicating that it's already midnight. Valentines Day.

You weren't expecting to get any from him since guys usually do the giving during White Day but Kaito doesn't want to make you wait.

Reaching out, he held your right hand and placed a soft kiss on it which made you feel the butterflies in your stomach go wild. You knew no matter how much you wanted to hide the fact that this is affecting you so much, you can already feel the uncontrollable smile forming on your face and the loud beating of your heart that he can definitely feel if he were to place a finger on your pulse.

And just like that, he began to speak.

"It's only been 5 months since we have officially started going out with one another and to tell you the truth, it felt like it has been years. The joy and happiness you made me feel during those months will be something I will forever treasure and never forget. I didn't know that I was missing a piece in my life before I met you and when I did, I felt something inside of me became whole again. Ever since I have met you, I knew that you're the one. You're the only one who can make me feel these feeling of unconditional love and happiness that just by the thought of losing you will surely make my life turn into a complete mess. I know this might be too soon but I wish to give you this present, as a proof that I'm willing to wait for years to come where I'll be kneeling in front of you to ask you to be my wife and bear the name, Kuroba Y/n."

With that, you felt something cold slid in your ring finger and there, you see a simple silver ring with an engraving of both your initials. It was a promise ring. You weren't expecting this at all, you thought that you and Kaito will only be enjoying a simple date after class ends but who knew he had something like this prepared for you? You could already feel the tears building up in the corner of your eyes as you tackled Kaito into a hug. 

"You're really full of surprises, Kaito. This alone already sounds like a marriage proposal you know that right? I, too, never felt such happiness and felt such love when you came into my life. I never once thought that someone will shower me with so much love and care that it even feels like a dream that I'm currently going out with a wonderful goofy guy like you. Heck I won't even dare to try and breakup with you so I'm your problem now alright? I love you so much , My Kaito."

Upon hearing those words, Kaito smiled widely and picked you up in his arms as he swings you around. Both of your laughter being heard from the kitchen and before he put you down, he gave you a deep passionate kiss which you gladly returned back. Both of you didn't thought that your first valentines day as a couple will turned out this way, this moment right here will forever be treasured in your hearts and someday will be a story to tell to your future kids. 

"Happy Valentines Day, Y/n  / Kaito!"

***

[Omake]

(Conversation between Kaito and Shinichi)

Shinichi: "Of all places you could've pick, why the kitchen?" 

Kaito: "Hey it ain't my fault Y/n was making me chocolates that late and I was already tired from standing for hours in the middle of her room~"

Shinichi: "One, that is both disturbing and creepy and Two, you could've just waited until tomorrow."

Kaito:" Hey that's mean! And you're no different since we both planned it for our lover~"

Shinichi:"... Point taken."

***

A/N: Yesss I'm back because April the 1st is just right around the corner~ Hopefully, I will be able to upload soon so for now enjoy this Valentines Day special oneshot!