Forgotten (Part II)

The sight of his soon to be bride walking down the aisle made him teared up a little while he smiled widely at her. Finally, Kaito thought, he'll be able to call her his wife and they'll spend the rest of their life together under the same roof with their future children. It was a perfect day to get married in a simple church wedding and a few of his close friends invited to witnessed his happiness of getting married. Aoko in her wedding gown is something he dreamed of seeing when they started going out 2 years after graduating from college and now, after 2 years of being together, she's finally here, standing beside him smiling happily as well while she wipes the tears off of her soon beloved husband's eyes.

It was one of the most memorable feeling when he feels her soft lips onto his and the cheers and claps from the guest. It was supposed to be memorable but when he scanned the crowd, he noticed you there, the only guest sitting in the front row, with your head lowered down and clapping silently. He was confused, isn't this supposed to be a happy occasion? But...why are those beautiful eyes of yours shedding tears? Why do they look so broken when you raised your head up and whispered a congratulations to them? What's confusing him more is the fact that his chest feels tight and it's aching so painfully that he didn't realized until now that he's clutching tightly on it with tears streaming down his face..

"Why?.."

***

"Kaito, Let's get a divorce."

"..What?"

It felt like his whole body is going numb while in the dining room with Aoko, in front of them is a divorce paper with his wife's name and signature already written on it. This is.. just a dream right? It couldn't be happening now when they've only been married for one year! But now that he thinks about it, she has became quite distant whenever he comes back from a magic show or a mini tour around Japan.. Is it because he's been too busy for her ? Then he can just take a short break! For his wife, for Aoko. 

Days and weeks passed by but she didn't change her mind, she tried explaining it to Kaito but it seems like he wasn't listening to her. He just couldn't, right after knowing that she's been seeing another man behind his back? It's too painful to find out the truth from her even if he already witnessed it himself. He doesn't have any choice, he couldn't just keep her by his side when the man she loves is someone else right?.. He'll just be the only one that will come in between them so..Kaito is willing to let her go, for her happiness.

"May you be happy in the arms of the man you love, Aoko."

***

Weeks had passed by after Aoko moved out from the home they used to live in for one year through their marriage, Kaito couldn't stand it anymore. Every place and corner he goes in the house reminds him of her, their memories together replaying all over again that's why he finally give in and visited the person he trusted the most when it comes to his feelings, Kudo Shinichi. When he arrived he didn't expect that you'll be there as well, ever since that day on his wedding a year ago, this is the first time in awhile since the last time he saw and meet you. He knows that everyone in the room already heard the news about the divorce he had with his ex wife and still has no idea why so.. he explained everything. From how distant she had became, the efforts he's been doing to make it up to her and..to the time he finally found out the truth behind the reason of getting divorce. He's sure that the problem is him, he tried every possible way to fix their marriage but...it wasn't enough. All that's left to do is agree with the divorce and try to move on, he distracted himself with work but everyone in the show knows that he's not alright, that's why they gave him a one month break for now. 

"Don't say that! You've done nothing but be the most amazing husband to her, it's her loss not yours. You didn't do anything wrong Kaito, not to her and also not to me that's why don't think for such things alright?.."