You Were Always There

A/N: This might be my longest oneshot that I've ever written! I didn't split it into parts since it might ruined the mood and atmosphere of the story.

***
Genre: Romance, Drama, Angst, Tragedy[?]

Date Published: October 07, 2020

"How's your day Y/n? Anything new and exciting today? Or maybe you got lazy and just slept the whole day? Well you should start being productive now or our future kids might inherit that from you Hahahaha."

"I know I've said this a lot of times now and maybe you're already sick and tired of hearing this but.... I love you Love, never forget that alright?"

"Idiot, I'll never get tired of hearing that. I love you too Love, nobody can ever replace you." You said as you tried to hold back your tears.

You tried so hard not to cry whenever you talked to him, you really did tried but the tears still managed to escape. It just breaks your heart to hear his voice, as if he was really there with you when he isn't.

The video stopped playing as it shows Kaito grinning widely at the screen. No words can describe how much you're longing for him, how much you've missed his warmth hugs and kisses and how much you want to be where he is now. It broke so many hearts when the News of his death was announced but everyone knows how much you're suffering more.

***
[Flashback 9 months ago]

"Kaito make sure to be careful this time alright? I really have a bad feeling about Tonight's heist." You said worriedly as you look at Kaito in front of you, already in his Kaitou Kid suit.

"Don't worry Y/n, I've done this a lot of times and I'm definitely sure that this time, it's the one." Kaito said as he gives you a peck on the lips then hugging you tightly.

Kaito knows that something might happened to him, and whatever it is he's ready. He already made a lot of preparation just in case this might be his last heist but it still breaks his heart that he might leave you so soon. He's ready to die but the thought of you suffering because of his death (hopefully not) prevents him from taking any risks for tonight's heist.

You're sure that they might be there, ready to take the jewel away from Kaito. Both of you are sure that it's Pandora, when it was found last week it was rumored that the jewel will glow red once peek at while raising it up at the moon. That's why Kaito made a lot of preparations for it, and a separate preparation that you don't have any knowledge about.

Pulling away from each other's embraced, Kaito wore his monocle and top hat. You smiled at him as you admired the smile on his face.

"He can finally avenge his Father by destroying Pandora.."

"Alright I'll be taking my leave now, Love." Kaito said as he grabs ahold of your hand then kisses the back of it making you chuckled.

And with that the magician left you standing by the balcony. Waving at Kaito who's flying off to the sky with his hand glider, you still couldn't shake the feeling that something horrible will happen tonight... and you were right.

***

"I'm so sorry to tell you this but... he's gone."

Numb. You were standing in the middle of the living room, looking down at the ground as you heard the news.

It was already morning and upon waking up, a loud knocked was the first thing you heard. It was Jii-san and... Kudo Shinichi?

"I know it's hard to believed it but... based from the amount of gunshots he had received last night, his survival rate is already near zero L/n- No, Mrs. Kuroba. Yes we didn't find his body but-"