You Till The End (Part III)

(Continuation of the Flashback)

***

"I now pronounce you, Husband and Wife. You may now kiss the Bride."

Years passed by and the day Kaito has been waiting for finally came. A year of courting, 5 years of going out with each other and finally, 6 years into the relationship he proposed to you during one of your trips to Iceland with the northern lights as the witnessed to the next step of your love for one another. 

Moving the veil away from your face, he still couldn't believed that he can finally call you 'his wife'. The memories he made with you came crushing down the moment he saw those beautiful smile of yours, something he swore in his life he will forever treasure and protect. After returning your sweet smile, he finally lifted your chin up and finish the ceremony with a kiss filled with love and passion while the guest cheered causing you both to chuckled between the kiss.

Pulling away, you smile brightly at everyone while hugging Kaito's arm and waving the bouquet of flowers up into the air. This adorable act of yours made Kaito scooped you up in his arms and snickered while he turns you around and kissing you once more. How did such a ball of sunshine like him made his way into your life you may asked? Well, he just did. The very first time you and him laid eyes on one another during that faithful heist, the stories of your life intertwined with one another, with the both of you the main character and the writer.

However, neither of you saw the terrible and heart breaking plot twist when just a week after your marriage with each other, a tragedy happened which crashed your beloved husband's life, never to be changed and fixed again.

***

It was a normal Sunday morning when Kaito found the empty spot beside him. Usually, he would wake up before you but today, you were no where in sight. Did you got a call from work? Shrugging it off with that thought, Kaito got up and headed to the kitchen to make himself some breakfast. However, the more he descend the stairs, the more he becomes anxious. What is this feeling? 

Listening to his guts, he grabbed a baseball bat just by the end of the stairs and look around. No sign of intruder. Weird, is he being overly sensitive today because he just took down the Organization the other day? Just when he was about to put the baseball bat back to the corner, he suddenly felt a presence behind him. With all his strength, he turned around and swung the bat hitting nothing but the air and then, he heard a small groaned. 

"G-geez! Are you going to kill your wife?!"

Kaito moved his gaze down to the ground where you're sitting down on the ground, rubbing your back from hitting the floor after avoiding your husband's attacked. He quickly apologized and helped you up. If it wasn't for your great reflex you would've been laying down to the ground with a bleeding head. Kaito bit his lower lips with his careless behavior. He should've been careful after all. Seeing this, you only chuckled and gave him a pecked on the lips. It was your fault for trying to scare him though you didn't expect he'll react that way. 

"Yosh, enough with the long face since I got good news!!"

"You bought a tub of ice cream for breakfast?"

"What? No! That's for tonight's dinner- Anyway! Surprised!!"

You held up two tickets for a cruise ship you won off a lottery stand two days ago. After the wedding, Kaito has been preparing to take down the Organization with some helped from the Kid Killer, Kudo Shinichi, who was willing to give him a hand since the magician, too, had been a great help when he took down the Black Organization. Ever since then, despite the relax and calm behavior he has been showing, there are still times where he'll tense up whenever he sense danger. It made you worried that Kaito is still anxious even though its all over so, as if Lady Luck has also felt worried for your husband, you won the trip for the both of you.