My Light

You're the type of person who can be there for someone. Someone to cry on, someone to hang out with, someone who can rant their problems and feel better right afterwards, you're the perfect friend to have if you have to define yourself but the down fall? You can never be at the receiving end of it.

It was fine for you as long as they can be happy and having fun with your company but it gets hard sometimes, painfully hard when you're experiencing your own terrible days. What made it worse is that they don't understand that you can also feel what they're experiencing.

When you stay quiet in a gathering when you're not in the mood and they point it out like it's the rudest thing you have done. When you slightly raise your voice when you got annoyed and they immediately get mad and lash out on you. When you wanted to open up your personal problems and they take it lightly as if it's the most easiest thing that happened to you and they had something worse going on.

Ahh, you just got tired and you know what? They really changed you. You became someone that is completely opposite to what they expect you to be. A different person which made everyone questioned if you were only pretending when they meet you once again. But you know what didn't change? You're still a human who can feel pain.

***

Staring at the ceiling of your room, you let out a sighed and glance to the curtained closed window. No light has entered in your room for 2 days straight now except when you get up to go out and eat and that's it. You're practically tied to the bed and will stare into space for hours. It's unhealthy but it's your way of making yourself feel better, a way that you can be at your most vulnerable moment with nobody to judge and harm you. It was the perfect way but...

"It's only getting worse."

You raised a hand into the air and stare at your fingers, moving each as if testing if they're still working which they do. When will the emptiness you're feeling go away? It's already making you frustrated to the point of crying every night. Why can't you just be a normal human and feel better already?

Closing your eyes, you wanted to sleep and never wake up so that you wouldn't have to feel the emptiness anymore. But then, the hole in your heart suddenly disappeared when you felt a warmth and gentle hand intertwining to your extended one.

Immediately you opened your eyes and there, you saw a light. The way he looks at you in such a loving and comforting way, as if telling you that it's alright to feel like this made the walls you have build up around yourself collapsed. You could already feel the tears falling but you didn't care, you painfully smiled back at him.

Gently, Kaito pulled you up then locked you in his arms, stroking your back in a soothing way while rocking you back and forth calming you down.

"Sorry if I'm late, I just got off the plane and immediately went straight here. I had a feeling something's wrong and I was right."

You glance to the side and he was right. By the door is a black suitcase with his coat and scarf resting on the extended handle. You smiled and snuggled yourself in his arms, enjoying the warmth of the man you love.

Despite the number of friends you have lost in the past, you gained new ones. Fewer ones who's not hiding behind a mask and isn't freely stabbing you from behind. And...

You also meet the man who loves you the way you are.

No matter how much you distance yourself from him and the numbers of times you tried making Kaito hate you, it didn't worked and... he won. He successfully captured your heart and he held it protectively in his arms, delicately taking care of it as if it's the most precious gem in the world. How can you deserve such a man you may ask?

"I think the word 'deserve' doesn't need to be included when it comes to loving someone. Nobody has to do something to earned a worthy love, when the right person comes then it's the one. You don't have to be perfect, beautiful and kind in order to feel that affection. Nobody's perfect after all and that's alright. If you can look at someone in a different light and see the flaws and you still fell in love with the person? That's what I called Love and... you are My Love."

"You're really the best you know that?"

"Well, I am your boyfriend after all so- Ouch ouch! Alright alright but kidding aside."

Kaito rubbed his cheeks that you just pinched pulled away. He raised a bag full of snacks and another one which is filled with the books you've been wanting to read and movies you wanted to watch with him.

This immediately melted your heart away with how sweet and caring he is which caused you to tear up once again, making the magician panicked. If the things you have to endure in the past leads to having him and the current friends you have? You don't mind experiencing them again if it means having this life right now.

Sitting up straight, you grabbed his face and gave him a quick deep kiss and immediately run off the room.

"Race you to the living room!!"

Kaito was left flustered but recovered quickly and runs after you, with a huge smile on his face and the bags in hand. What you didn't know is that you were not the only one who was saved. He was saved by you as well, giving a source of light to his dark world with your wonderful personality and beautiful smile.

"You are my light Y/n, a light that I'm afraid to lose in my life."

"Come here you sneaky ball of sunshine!"

***

A/N: I'm alive!! Sorry for the kind of sad Oneshot, I wasn't feeling well last night and Kaito is my way of comforting myself. I hope that this Oneshot helps my dear readers who's having a hard time. You're not alone alright? Stay strong!