Behind the Mask

Genre: Romance, Fluff

Date Published: September 27, 2020

A Black envelope with Gold writing on the back arrived this morning. It seems like you've been invited to attend a masquerade ball that's being hosted by our one and only Sonoko Suzuki.

You're 22 years old here and currently have a stable life, living in your own apartment with a well paying job and of course, single. Yes, not that surprising but that doesn't mean you don't have someone you currently like.

Reading the invitation, you saw something written at the bottom that made you looked forward for the ball.

"We'll be having a special guest who will perform a magic show for us!!"

"It can only be him!!" You exclaimed excitedly. We all know that even though Sonoko and Makoto already got married, she'll still be admiring some good looking guys.

You chuckled and held the invitation high smiling happily at it. 

"I get to meet him face to face."

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Putting down the invitation on the coffee table, you made your way to the front door wondering who could it be. You opened it up to reveal your childhood friends, Ran and Shinichi.

"Ran-chan! Shinichi-kun! What's the sudden visit?" You said giving Ran a hugged which she returned back chuckling.

"Well we know you also received the invitation for the ball so we decided to invite you to go shopping!" Ran said excitedly which made you excited as well.

While both girls are really looking forward for it, the detective with them seems already tired from just hearing the word "Shopping".

"I'll only agree if we drop by the book store." Shinichi said while patting Ran's head making her blushed lightly.

You smiled at the two as you nodded. After all the chaos back when Shinichi was shrunk into a 8 years old kid, they managed to bring down the organization as well as him getting his normal body back. You knew he was Conan since back in high school when there's a case, you saw how he shot Kogoro Mouri with a stun gun and used the voice changing bow tie. It took a lot of convincing and begging not to tell Ran since you know how much she has been longing for him. But it all went well in the end since he told everything and both started dating afterwards.

"Alright you two love birds, let me get my wallet first." You said teasingly making the two turned red as you snicker returning back inside.

You sighed dreamily as you head to your room to grab your wallet.

"I hope I'll find my other half soon."

***
[At the Mall]

"That really looks good on you Y/n-chan!" Ran said excitedly as her eyes sparkled while looking at you in a fitted mermaid F/C dress.

The three of you are now currently in the mall shopping for clothes to wear at the ball that's gonna be in three days. Ran already have something to wear which is a Royal blue halter dress, matching with Shinichi's tie.

"Alright then, I'll buy this one instead." You said as you looked at yourself in the mirror, checking at every angle if it's really the one, And it is.

Before you could say anything else, Ran suddenly gasped making you and Shinichi turned to her.

"I forgot my phone in the changing room!" She said as she checks her purse and pockets.

"Really Ran, you should check your belongings before leaving. Wait here Y/n." Shinichi said as he and Ran went back to the changing room that's across the store you guys are in.

There are two changing room areas in the store, yours is at the back of the store while Ran's is at the other side of the store. The changing room beside Ran's was being use so there's no other choice but to go to the very back.

You waved at them and was about to go back to the changing room when you suddenly bumped into someone's chest.

Panicking you quickly backed away and bowed apologizing.

"I'm so sorry I didn't saw you!" You said then saw a pair of men's shoes on the ground facing you.

"Ah no, it's alright ~ it's no biggie so don't worry about it." A very familiar voice said making you looked up but unfortunately he's wearing a cap hiding his face.

"Weird, that voice sounds so familiar but I don't know where I heard it from.."

"You have a lovely pair of E/C eyes, like a precious delicate gem waiting to be steal away by a phantom thief." The man said as he snaps his finger making a yellow rose appeared in front of you.

Amazed, you smiled at him as you thanked him for the rose.

"So you're a magician? I really love magicians and my favorite is Kuroba Kaito. He's just so different from the other magicians, like he knows what will make the audience happy and surprised. But no offense alright?" You said chuckling while taking in the scent of the given rose.

"I'm flattered to hear that, but my favorite will always be the deceased Kuroba Touichi. I'll assumed you'll be attending the Masquerade ball? I heard a magician will be performing a magic show there." He said as he holds his chin.

"Ah, actually yes. You to-"

You were cut off when you heard someone called your name.

"Y/n-chan?" Ran said from behind you as you turned to them.

Ran waved her phone at you as she smiled while Shinichi sighed beside her.

"Why haven't you changed yet??" She asked as both of them made their way to you.

"Oh,I was about to but I suddenly bumped onto a magician." You said laughing nervously while holding the back of your neck.

"Hmm? What magician?" Ran asked once more as she looks around looking for the said magician.

You quickly looked back at the magician that's supposed to be standing in front of you but there was no one there.

You furrowed your brow as you wondered if you were just imagining things or not but the rose you're holding proves that he exist.

"Maybe he left, Alright I'm gonna changed so wait for me." You said as you waved at them once more before entering inside the changing room.

"I wonder if I'll get to meet that mysterious Magician again."

***
A/N: Hey it's been awhile! I'll do my best to update but for now I'll give you this lolol it's my birthday tomorrow so I won't be able to write the next part but hope y'all like it!

P. S. This will have three parts.