Kiss Under The Moonlight

A/N: Okay so, this is more on Kaito's Point of View rather than yours that's why there's less part of your side in the story. You'll find out why at the end. ; )

***

Genre: Romance, Drama

Date Published: October 19, 2020

Flowers? Check.

Chocolates? Check.

A story to tell?  Check.

Today already marks the 3rd year of being together with the magician you called Kaito. Kaito is delighted to know that you're still willing to stay by his side despite being the magician under the moon light, Kaitou Kid.

It was funny how both of you started dating, it wasn't your typical cliche confession but more on the romantic yet funny side....

***
[Flashback 3 years ago]

"You agreed right?! If I was right about you being The Kaitou Kid, you had to do one thing for me, anything! And if one month has passed without me giving you any proof then I'm gonna do anything you ask me to! " You exclaimed as you grinned at Kaito, who's grinning back at you.

"I already told you I'm not KID but that offer seems tempting, Alright then. If you give me a solid proof that I'm Kaitou Kid, which I'm not, then I'll do whatever condition you want me to fulfill." Kaito said as he ruffled your hair.

He already has an idea that there will be no chance for you to know his identity because One, you're just a regular student attending the same class as his. Two, you're not a detective nor anything connected to the police. But you are his childhood friend so you might found something out, might.

Kaito knows that it's kind of a risky deal since you might go and do something dangerous just to know who he is but he couldn't pass on this. He just need to be careful around you for one month then he can have a chance to order you around lololol.

***
[3 days later]

"...okay what??"

"You're Kaitou Kid because both of you do magic right? And and your name is Kaito, Kaito as in Kaitou Kid!!"

Kaito facepalm at your reasoning as he sighed giving you a blank look. This will be a long month he thought but it was adorable seeing you trying hard to figure out his identity.

"Look that doesn't count as a solid proof. Either you give me a photo of KID removing his disguise or catch him to know his identity, which is not me." Kaito said as he stands up from his seat then grabbing his bag.

The pout you did made him chuckled as he grabs your arm and pulled you out of the classroom you two were in.

The both of you usually go home since like Aoko, your house is just beside his as well. The reason why Aoko doesn't go home with you two anymore is because she started dating Hakuba, a perfect match as Kaito said so. Not only that but because Aoko wanted a certain someone to confess to you already.

As you two walked side by side, there was something that has been bothering him for awhile, why are you suddenly interested on Kaitou Kid? Moreover, already having a hunched that it's him (which you're not wrong at all.)

"By the way Y/n, why are you suddenly so into finding KID's identity? I mean, yeah he has been famous for being a Phantom Thief and all but it's really unlike you." Kaito said as he looked at you straight in the eye.

Kaito suddenly blushed as you smiled brightly at him then said,

"Because he reminds me of you, that's why."

That's...your reason? You wanted to unmask KID because you reminded him of Kaito? Not because he's a phantom thief that catches even the hearts of the audience? That reason is enough to make him feel like he had run a marathon as he felt his heart beating fast, too fast for his liking. Never once had he seen you being interested on him, yes he annoys you and teases you not only because your reaction is hysterical but also because he wants your attention to only be on him... 

"Once is already enough but you're making me fall in love with you all over again , Y/n.."

***
[25 days later] 

25 days had passed and you still had no idea how to get any solid evidence that Kaito is KID, and he's aware that this is causing a lot of stress on you since lately you've been dozing off during class and he can see the light in your room still on whenever he returns back from a heist... in 2 o'clock in the morning!

The guilt Kaito had felt when he started being Kaitou Kid and not revealing his identity to you is eating him up once more, you're so determine to know about his alter ego that the feelings he had buried deep into his heart is arising again and more than before. This has to stopped though, no matter how much he wanted to confess to you regarding his alter ego and about his feelings for you, both must remain in the dark. One thing in mind is stronger than the feeling of guilt he had been feeling, and that is the will to keep you safe from any harm . 

"I'm willing to buried these feelings once again if it means keeping you safe from the danger around me, a time will come where I'll reveal everything to you." 

What Kaito doesn't know is that there, just below the window he had been talking to himself, is you hearing his bittersweet words as tears ran down your face. 

***

A/N: Eyy I'm alive! This oneshot wasn't supposed to be cut into parts but I needed to think about how I can deliver the ending without it sounding boring and such so for now enjoy this first part!!