Unwanted Love [?..]

At a very young age, you never really believed in love. The very first time you actually did was when you still have a complete family, when your Father is still around to take care and protect you and your Mother. However, the warmth of love you always admired between your parents died the moment you found out your Father cheated. You felt betrayed, you didn't know who the person he has become and why he didn't choose his family and just... left.

This is the reason why the fantasy of meeting your other half, knight in shining armor or prince charming shattered refraining you from ever believing of such a thing called Love. You already given up on that, which is why you're still very thankful to have your friends around to give you a type of love that you will never turn your back on.

Platonic Love.

When you meet Kaito and Aoko in front of the Clock Tower, it was already a given that you three will be inseparable. Now, a few years went by and all three of you are still together and studying at the same school called Ekoda High. It was a friendship that was build from bond and trust however, the moment you started to noticed a romantic love forming between your two friends?

You felt betrayed.

***

"Y/n-chan, aren't you coming with us?"

After class has ended, all three of you will usually go home together since you guys live in the same block but this time, you didn't want to get in between them which is the reason why you started to separate yourself from them. 

"Ah, yeah. Sorry Aoko-chan but I still got something to do at the Library. I'll treat you guys some other time so get home safe!!"

And with that, you grabbed your things and left the room first, leaving Aoko who doesn't see any difference with your usual self and Kaito who seems to noticed your strange behavior. It's already been over a week since you started avoiding being together with them. Aoko might be too naive to noticed but Kaito realized it the moment you first started avoiding them.

Kaito grabbed his bag and said something to Aoko and Keiko which both girls only nodded and agreed upon. After asking them to go home without him, the magician went out and headed to the direction of the Library. He was worried about you, he wanted to know why you suddenly became distance and why you're pushing them away. Yes, he knew that you're slowly trying to cut your ties with them which pains him. Did they do something wrong which caused you to be upset? Was he crossing the line with his pranks? Do you... no longer wanna be with him?

"Y/n, I wouldn't know what's wrong if you don't tell me."

You said you were heading to the Library but actually, you went home ahead of them. You knew that there might be a chance that you'll run into them if you stayed at the Library so you lied. While you walked by the river bank near your school, you glanced down to your reflection on the water and was surprised to see such an expression on your face. Why are you sad? Is it the fact that your friendship with Kaito and Aoko wouldn't worked out if they started going out with each other? Why wouldn't it worked out? You can still be friends with them while they date each other. And then, you finally realized a terrifying truth. 

Stopping on your tracks, you covered your mouth when you finally saw the flustered expression on your face and the way your eyes soften by the thought of a certain magician. Is the reason why you thought it wouldn't work out is-

"Because I like Kaito?"

No, no, no. It's not possible. You were being extremely careful when you hang out around him! It couldn't be that you have.. fallen for those indigo eyes, those teasing grins that never fails to put a smile on your face, his laughter and magic tricks that makes your day... When did he became such an important part of your life? When did you started searching for those eyes that holds the sky in them in class? When... did you started falling deeper for him?