Chapter 26

"Are you okay?" Vicky asked

"I don't think I am" I said after zombieing my way to my seat.

I couldn't get any sleep because of Drake.
Why did he have to come into my life now.

What was he even doing there?

Has he found me and decided to take revenge?

Or has he been sent by that excuse of a mother?

"Hey are you even hearing me" Vicky asked shaking me violently.

"Umm…no"

"What happened to you, you are looking really tired and drained"

"It's a long story. I really need sleep right now" that I can't have because Everytime I close my eyes, all I see is Drake's face and all the abuse that I've had to endured.

"Here, have this" Aiden said handling me a cup of coffee.

I gladly took it cause I was struggling to keep my eyes open.

I don't even think I would be able to make it through English language.

Just then, Mr Daniel came into the class.

"Good morning Mr Daniel" half of the class chorused.

"Good morning class, hope ur night was great.
Well if it wasn't great, no worries English is here to save the day" Mr Daniel said cheerfully

"And by that, it means that I've finally partnered you guys for the essay.
And I've partnered you guys in twos".

Then he started calling names but I couldn't care less, I needed sleep, the coffee didn't help at all.

My eyelids started getting heavy.
I really need to sleep.

But seems like someone else thought the opposite of that.

Vicky pinched me so hard, that tears appeared at the brim of my eyes.

"What" I hissed at her.

She pointed to the front of the class, then I saw everyone including Mr Daniel looking at me.

"What" I snapped.

I didn't mean to I swear, I don't even understand myself anymore.

"Is that the way to answer to the call of your teacher" Mr Daniel said blankly.

"I'm sorry sir" I said bowing my head in shame and also because my eyes were starting to close on their own accord.

"Well as I was sayi-"

Mr Daniel words remained in his throat as someone opened the door rather roughly but I was too busy falling deep into sleep.

I think Mr Daniel said something like "are you lost, why are you here" I couldn't care less cause I was falling into sleep, a very deep one indeed but the thoughts about sleep flew through the window, bounced back at me cause the window was locked, I caught it and threw it through the door that was open as soon as I heard that voice that has been tormenting me for the past 8 hours or so.

Oh no.

I whipped my head to the door the see the said boy glaring at the teacher.

I could feel eyes on me, so I turned to the owner.

Aiden gave me a worried look.

I did nothing but stare back at him.

No matter the training and all Aiden gave me, it would never be enough.
In front of Drake, I was always weak.