Chapter 10

Finally, the tenth chapter.
It's been getting harder everyday to write, so I'll just be updating randomly. But I promise I'll not leave this book hanging.
Pls vote, comment, share and follow.
~MAJ
.....................................

And there it was, the photo of a man who looks just like Dylan and of a woman who looks just like me.

That's why they are so convinced that I'm their sister. Even if I think I'm not, or am I?.

"Is that......." I trailed off.

"Yes, that's Daniella Greene and Ace Greene, your.... Umm.... Our parent?" Dylan said seeming unsure to call them our parents.

"She looks just like me, and he looks just like you Dylan" I said.

"I know, I get that a lot" Dylan said shyly

"So what do you say? Are u going to do the test" Alex asked

Should I do this?, should I really be doing this?
What's there to loose anyways?

"I'll do it, but whatever the outcome is, I'm getting that job right?" I asked Alex hopefully.
I don't know, maybe they will throw me out when they figure out I'm not their sister. I just wanted to know if they will still keep me no matter the outcome

"Yes, whatever, you'll get it" Dylan said boringly

"So.... What's your Job" Dylan asked

"A waitress" both me and Alex said at the same time

" A what?, At where?" Dylan exclaimed

"Calm down there buddy, she'll be working at our club as a waitress. Don't worry she'll have protection there, no one will lay a finger on her, I promise you" Alex said.

What does he mean by protection? Someone? Anyone?, Tell me.
I'm I in some danger?
What have I gotten myself into?

"You promise" Dylan said.

"Yeah, I promise" Alex said waving Dylan off

"So where will I be staying" I asked

"Umm, do you like books?" Alex asked randomly.

What does books have to do with the question I just asked

I raised an eyebrow at him

"Yes or no" he said.

"Yeah, I guess" I said giving him my suspicion eye.

"Go over to that book rack, and pick any books you like while me and my brothers here discuss something, we will call you when needed, now shoo" he said, pointing at somewhere around the corner

"Okay, okay, I'm going" I said getting up.
If it's privacy he wants, then privacy he'll get.
I don't poke my nose in someone else's affair.

I rounded the corner and my jaw dropped again.
This place looked like a library, no I don't mean that small place where there are like ten thousand books. No, this one is huge, magnificent, and anything that you can use to describe huge.
It's up to A million books in here.
Look the book shelf is reaching the ceiling and there are books neatly place on each shelf.
If I were to sell these books, the money I'll get will be enough to take care of me, my children and also their children.

But I won't sell them cause one, they are not mine and two, because of my undying love for books.

I have hobbies and reading is one of them.
I think my second best.
I stated going through all the books my hands and eyes could reach. Then I started picking novels that the titles and covers seemed interesting.
I like general fiction.
I don't exactly have a favorite, so I just pick anyone that is captivating.
"I'm sure there will be good ones up there" was the thought going through my head.
I wonder how Alex or whoever owns this magnificent library gets the books that are clearing touching the ceiling.
Even if I were to climb a chair right now, I won't even reach halfway the length of the shelf.
That's how long it is

I was going through another row of books when I heard my name being called.

"Coming" I said.

I quickly drop all the books back at random places except one that caught my eye the most.

Once I reached the room, all three of them were staring at me.
They kept looking at me for like a minute or two and it was making me nervous so I coughed awkwardly to snap them out of their trance.

"Umm, yeah, we have a place for you to stay.
You will have roommates, to be specific, three. And those three of them are boys.
Keep your distance and they'll keep theirs.
There are our most trusted gan…umm I mean employers.
And u'll be working with them cause they are waiters also" Alex said.

Are they stupid, how can they?, How could they? How can they just keep a girl with three boys? Are these people insane? No way, no just way am I going to stay.
I'm not going down without a fight.

"Say something" Dylan said when he noticed I was just staring at them stiffly.

"How can you leave me alone with three boys" I asked rather too nicely.
What is wrong with me?, I'm supposed to sound harsh.

"They are not just three boys, they'll be like your bodygua… umm I mean buddies, like friends and co-workers" Dylan said.

Why do they keep stopping mid sentence???

"Look, we know you don't trust them or even us but that's the safest place you can be, especially since you look like our mother.
It's not like anyone knows what our parents look like but we cannot take chances. Someone out there might know. They will use you at bait to get to us whether or not you are really our sister. So u have to stay with them and that is not a request, it's an order" Declan said.

That is the longest sentence he had said to me since when I arrived.

I sighed" ok" I said.

I guess I'm going down without a fight.
What is happening to me?

"If they try anything which I know they wouldn't, but still if they try anything with you, feel free to tell us and we can arrange somewhere more comfortable for you" Alex said.

The sincerity in his eyes seemed to calm my anxiety down.
This guy must really love his sister to be going to such length.

"Ok, fine" I said again.

"So what are we waiting for again" Dylan asked.

"Nothing…" Alex said.

"Exactly, so let's show missing beauty her room" Dylan said

"What the he… umm, what the hen is missing beauty" I asked.

Both Alex and Declan gave me wierd looks but Dylan was trying not to laugh, but he still did it.

"What…the…hen?" Dylan asked in between laughs

"Yeah, I don't swear?" I said more like a question than a statement

"Well, better keep it like that" Alex said.

"Bust still, what the hen" Dylan asked again going into an fit of laughter.

"Just ignore him, we are still trying to" Declan said then sighed.

"Come on, let's get you to your room, you must be tired" Alex said.

Tell me about it.

Dylan laugh again then muttered "what the hen"
The boy won't let that slide so easily.

What a long and tiring day.

Author's note

Nothing much to say, just the regular vote, comment, share and follow.
Thanks.

~MAJ