Chapter 36

I secretly went back inside the school and found the hallways empty. The students are already in class.
Great

I quickly and quietly went into the the nurse's office.

"How may I help you miss?" The middle aged woman asked.

"Good afternoon ma, umm...I'm here to see Alyssa, the girl that-"

"I know, I know, just go through that door behind you"

I turned and saw a door I didn't see when I came in.

"Thank you so much"

"Aiden, you're back so qui-you!" She exclaimed angrily.

"Hiiiiii" I said sheepishly.

I should have rehearsed something before coming here.

"Get out now!"

"Look, I'm sorry. I know what I did was wrong, I'm deeply sorry." I said and inhaled sharply before continuing

"It was my mistake, I got really angry about what you said and..and.. I got really jealous of you" I said and she scoffed.

"I was angry at you because you had what I didn't, Aiden hasn't even shown me the kind of...of love. I've been pining for his love since forever, but I got friend zoned. Do you know how that feels?, I felt frustration and amongst all that, you wouldn't stop saying rubbish and I lost my mind"

"I'm deeply sorry" I continued

"Do you think an apology can fix this?" She asked

" I know it can't but I have to apologise because I know what I did was wrong"

"I'll think about it"

Huh.

When she saw me looking at her weirdly, she continued.

"You just can't expect me to hug you and then cry on your shoulder saying what you did was wrong but I forgive you, then chat like old best friend. No, definitely no. You did this to me and I said I'll think about your apology. If that's all, you can leav-shit" she said and looked at the door with wide eyes.

I turned and saw Aiden standing there, fuming.

Uh-oh.

This wasn't how I imagined telling him

"You did this? Aiden asked as he handed Alyssa a Glass cup and a carton of orange juice.

"I did this" I confirmed.

He grabbed my shoulders and pinned me against the wall

"Why" he said bitterly.

"I..I.. well.. I...just-"

"You don't want to tell me? How could you have done something so..so-huh- what made you do it Annabelle, what made you do it" he said and he added more pressure on my shoulder

"I'm sorry, I know what I did was terrible but...Aiden please forgive me, I made a mistake and I camd here to redeem it, please Aiden believe me"

"What did Ally ever do to you, what did she do to deserve this harsh treatment" he basically spat at me.

"Aiden, just let her go"Alyssa said flatly from where she was seating .

"No, absolutely no, not until she tells me why she did this"

"Aiden, please you're hurting me" and he was doing that physically and emotionally.
My emotions were everywhere and if I don't get away from this place soon, I'll burst out crying.
This is the first time Aiden's been this angry at me and it was affecting me deeply.