CHAPTER 4

Alex p.o.v

I was driving down the road after having a heated argument with my brother.

I was too busy venting my anger on the poor car and speeding down the road, making a sharp turn that I didn't notice a teenage girl in the middle of the road.

I tried stopping the car as quickly as I could but I know that there was no way the girl wouldn't get hurt even if it's just a scratch.

The car came to an halt and I quickly got out and I saw that the girl had hit her head against a stair case at my girl's hostel.
And it was bleeding pretty bad

I turned the girl so I could see her face. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.
She looked just like her.
How could it be, she died a long time ago and even if she was alive, she would not be so young.
She would have been old by now like 45 yrs or so. She would not be a teenager again.
So how does this girl looks like her so much.

Well I guess I would find that out later, for now I need to get her treated.

I took her back to my house as quick as possible and took her to the hospital part of my house.

I know u would be wondering what a hospital is doing at my house or better still, how did I build a house and hospital together, but don't worry, you will find out soon.

I took her In, and told the doctors to start treating her immediately.

About an hour later, the doctors told me her reports.
The said she had a serious head injury and that they just need to stitch it up.
And they also said that she is loosing blood fast.
And they need a blood donor.

They told me her blood type and I found out we gave matching blood so I decided to donate mine.

A week later,
She has still not woken up, I was starting to worry, I don't know why but I was just worried.
None of my brothers know that I brought a girl home.
I do not intend to tell them until I find out who she is.
I know how they will react upon seeing her so I had to come up with a plan so they won't see her till the day I find out who she is.

I was in my office attending to some matters, when someone knocked on my door

"Come in" I said.

The nurse came in, I hope she has good news

"Good morning sir, the girl has just woken up, do u want to see her?" She asked

"Yes sure, I will be there in a bit" I said.

"Ok sir" she said then left to go do whatever nurses do.

I left my office and went to the hospital.

Upon seeing me, the doctor and the nurse rushed towards me and showed me the patient's room.
Not that I don't know where it is

"Well, look who's awake" I said upon seeing her sitting on the hospital bed.
Then the interrogation began.

After she told me her story, I did not quite believe her.

I know fake tears very well.
You don't even want to know how

"Well, how do I know you are not lying" I asked

"How do u expect me to prove that. I just told you my story and you don't believe me. Do u want me to lie to you before u believe me" she snapped

Wow, the fiesty type.

I signalled the nurse and the doctor to leave and they obeyed.

I turned to the girl and saw a look of fear flashed on her face before she quickly masked it with a neutral face.

"Well, miss......."

"Belle" she said.

"Just Belle, is that even your full name. And don't u have a last name u bear." I asked

"I told u I was an orphan and yes Belle is my full name" she said

"I still don't believe you, you know" I said

She sighed seeming frustrated

"May I leave now?" She asked

"Huh?" I asked

"Are you deaf or something, may I leave now?, I have to continue my job haunting, it's not like you are going to give me a job with these kind of questions you are asking" she said.

"What, if I do give u a job and a place to stay, will you answer my question truthfully?" I asked.

She thought about it for a moment

"What type of job" she asked.

"That is for me to know and for u to find out later, and also I will take that as a yes" I said smirking

"Fine" she said
"Now start asking your question before I change my mind" she continued

"What is your real name?" I asked

"Annabelle" she replied

I was dumbstruck to say the least
The same name, voice, blood type, face and mostly, the same attitude.
Let's see what I'll find out next.

"Just Annabelle?" I asked.

Annabelle Wallace" she spat the name out, like it was poison

"Who are your parents" I asked

"I am an orphan, but I used to live with my foster family.
They used to abuse me a lot cause they think I'm bad luck.
They said since I entered their life I've caused nothing but bad luck. They told me that I killed my parents in a car crash and that I also killed my first foster parents. Due to their death my foster Mom's sister had to take me in, and she made sure to make my life a living hell.
She would abuse me to the point where I would wish for death to take over, but me being unlucky death never came, I was tortured for good fifteen years of my life by my parents and brother.
But today all hell broke loose.
My brother tried to rape me.
But thank goodness for the friend I have, he came just at the right time to save me.
He helped me run away from home. He told me to go to a girl's hostel. He told me he knows some people there and that they would help me out a lot, but before I reach there, I was hit by your car.
I mean, who drives like that, you are supposed to slow down at turns" she said

This time I believed her, the truth was written all over her face

"Ok, I believe you.
And to say sorry for me running you over, I would gladly give u a job an a place to stay. What do u say to that" I asked

"Thanks" she said
And also, when do I start? She asked

"Well, for starters, I will let you rest for another week before u start working" I said.

"Ok, but what job do I actually have to do" she asked

I thought about it for a moment before answering.

"A bartender".

"That doesn't sound bad" she said.

Off course, it's bad, what is life without fun.