CHAPTER 3

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.

I heard my stupid alarm going off.
I wanted sleep, I was too weak to get up.
I tried making it stop, but I couldn't move.
Ok Anna, don't panic.

I tried moving my legs but they seem numb too.
Okaaaay

I tried opening my eyes, but they seem to have forsaken me.

Okay Annabell, time to panic and call for help.

Wait, I can't even hear myself.
It can only be because of two reasons and (1) I have gone deaf, which I am not cause I can still hear the stupid alarm beeping or(2) I can't talk.

I am sure it because I can't talk cause I can feel a sharp pain in my throat.

I tried remembering what happened, but as I did, a very painful headache erupted from my head, but I am not one to give up easily.
So, I started recollecting everything that happened before now.

I remembered running away with Aiden from Drake and going somewhere but I couldn't remember anything else.

I was trying so hard to remember what happened after that but was interrupted when the door got open, then footsteps, then the door closes

As soon as the person touched me, my eyes shot open (finally), and startled the young nurse that was I think examining me.

Wait,nurse.

How come.

I looked around the room and saw that this looked like an hospital room

How did I get here.

"Madam, are u okay, do u feel pain anywhere" she asked.

I tried talking but I couldn't.
It seems like she noticed, then she handed me a cup of water

That seems to quench the burning sensation in my throat and I felt all the walls that was interrupting my vocal cord begin to tremble.

"Um, yes, I'm okay, but how did I get here? I asked,my voice sounding very hoarse.

"Well u see, u were in an accident" she replied

That sentence was all my brain needed to finally recollect everything.

But who brought me here

"Who brought me here" I voiced out my thoughts to the nurse.

"Well, u will meet him soon, he'll be visiting you soon, maybe this afternoon once we inform him that you are awake" she said

"Okay. How long have I been here" I asked

"A week" was all the nurse said before leaving

Holy fuck, a week.

Aiden must be worried sick.
He must be tearing the city limb by limb by now looking for me

I was about to check my Jean for the paper he had given me when I realized it wasn't my clothes on.
It was the damn hospital gown.

Huh. I hate hospitals.

Well, it seems I'll be calling Aiden later.

I started feeling dizzy all of a sudden, and I was too tired to fight it, so I just let the darkness engulf me.

---------------------
I woke up later, feeling a little better. I saw the same nurse in the room writing on a notepad.
I don't care about what's she writing about.
I only care about who brought me here.
Then she left the room.

I sat up slowly then started looking around the room I was.
The hospital seems quite expensive and I hope they don't ask me to pay cause I got no money.
But what is worse is if they ask me to contact my guardians.
If I even call my parents, they will leave me here to die, but if they are generous enough, they will get me out of here and ask me to pay them back when we get out of this hospital and don't forget about the daily dose of beating

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard footsteps approaching my way.

Then the door was pushed open revealing a man, the doctor and the nurse from earlier.

"Well, look who's awake" the man said.

"Well, I'm sorry, I don't know who u are" I said

"Well, I'm sorry, but I don't know who u are too" he said smirking

I rolled my eyes.

He was cute to be exact, very handsome, and charming.
He had blue eyes, exactly the same shade as mine.
He looked like he is in his early twenties.

And above all he looked kinda nice, but like they say, never judge a book by it's cover.

"Well, I'm not here to have fun, I'm here to take u back home" he said.

"I don't have a home to go to"  I said

I don't know why I said that but all I knew is that I'm not going back to that excuse of a "home".
And if lying could bring me out of that torture, then so be it.

"What do u mean you don't have a "home to go to" he asked

Okay Annabelle, time to play this game.

"Well, u see sir, I was on my way looking for a job cause I just got fired from the previous one. And I'm also an orphan, so I have no home, I used to leave in where I worked but since I'm fired now, I don't have anywhere else to go" I said already crying

Wow, sometime in the future, I'll be getting paid for my acting skills

"Well, what did you do, that made your boss fire you".

I never thought of that

"Well, u see, I used to work as a maid in a house, well, my boss treats me the way a boss should treat their worker, but their son is a pervert.
Well, they went out last night leaving me alone with their son. And he tried to rape me so I knocked him out.
I didn't know what else to do, I decided to help him before he bled to death.
But it seemed that my help was clearly not needed.
Once his parents came back, he told them that when they left, I tried seducing him and when he didn't give in, I knocked him out and I must have done what I came for with him when he was unconscious.
I tried telling them otherwise, but they wouldn't listen, so I got fired" I said finishing my fake story with fake tears.

All of them looked at me with sympathy except for the man I have yet to know his name.

"How am I sure you are not the one lying" he said

O boy.
This is going to be one hell of a long explanation.