Chapter 9

I quickly zip my top back up.
Then I made my way over to Dylan who was still on the floor.
What made him faint?

"Where did you get that tattoo" Declan asked

"Well, I have always had it.
My "parents" called me a freak because of that tattoo. They were the ones who got the fake skin for me to cover it up. They think that it's the tattoo that makes me a bad luck" I said

"But why do you ask about the tattoo" I asked

"Actually… we umm… kinda have similar tattoo" Declan said nervously.
Wow, so Mr rock can be nervous.

"Why do u have the tattoo" I ask

"It's a family tattoo" mystery man said

I have to learn that guy's name

"Family tattoo?" I asked confused

"Yup" Declan said

"So if it's a family tattoo, why do I have it" I asked.

"It's a long story" Declan said.

"Well, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon" I said.

"Ok. Alex, do u think we should tell her" Declan said.

So that's mystery man's name

"We need to tell her in other for her to comply and also, so that she wouldn't hear from someone else" Alex said.

What are they talking about?

"Hello?, This "her" is right here" I said.

"We know" Declan and Alex said At the same time. I rolled my eyes.

"So what do you guys have to tell me" I said.

"Just sit down, it's a long story" Alex said.

I glanced back at Dylan to still see him still passed out on the floor.
Might as well, let the guy to take a nap.

"Well, it's umm a long story but I'll just give you a summary of everything I want to say" Alex said and I nodded for him to go on.

" See, we have this family business and we are filthy rich and people are envious of us.
My mom always wanted a girl child.
But umm she got us. That doesn't mean she doesn't love us.
She does, actually she loves us more than her life. But she still wanted a girl anyways. Not just her, but my dad also. He wanted a daddy's girl. A girl he will spoil to the core. Even Declan and I wanted a little sister.
They were blessed with a baby girl.
But since they were rich, and they had enemies who were looking for ways to bring them down, the child's life was in danger.
The enemies got to know about our weakness, and that is my sister.
She was kidnapped once when she was barely a year but we got her back after paying ransom and some other stuff.
Then one day, my mom, dad and my baby sister went out to have fun. She was just recently got tattooed, so they wanted to celebrate it their little way, that is by taking the child to a park and having fun. After the park, they went to other places. On their way back, they met an accident where both my parents died and my sister missing" he said with anger and pain laced in his voice.

His hands balled into fist, then I placed my little hands on his.

"You know, you look just like her" he said

"Who" I said.

"Mom" he said.

Then, I removed my hand from his, and stared at my lap.

"So, have you found your sister?" I asked

"I think so. I'm not that sure" he said

"Oh, ok" I said.

"So what family business do you guys run" I asked

"We have a few hotels we are managing and also a girl's hostel" Declan said.

"The girl's hostel where I was ran over" I asked.

"Yes, that one.
We built it for our sister. We never lost hope that we'll find her." Alex said.

"So, why do they give a child who is just one year old a tattoo" I asked the question that was bugging me

"Umm, we ummm.… See, the thing is that,… it's a family culture that needs to be done once the child is a year and some months old" Alex said.

It was obvious he wasn't telling me something but I didn't want to push.

"So, what do I have to do with all of this" I asked.

Declan and Alex shared a look and Alex cleared his throat.

"We think that you umm…are our lost sister?" Alex said.

I stared at them for like a minute before I burst out laughing.
They both looked at me as if I'd lost it.
I stopped laughing and said

"Are you kidding me, I can't be your sister. Your sister is somewhere out there, do don't waste your time on me" I said.

"We are not wasting time on you. You Look like our mom and you have the family tattoo" Declan said.

"We can also clear our doubts if you will allow a DNA. We do not want to force you to do anything you won't like but I'm begging you just do it" Alex said.

They did have a point though.
Do I really want to do this?
This could be my chance to change my life, to get to know of my real family.

They could be wrong, but they could also be right. I don't know what to do.

I could be their lost but found sister but also, I could just be a look alike.

I don't want to get my hopes up just for it to be shattered later.

"Stop over thinking this. It's not good for your health. And you will have to do the test whether you like it or not sister" Dylan who I didn't know has woken up from his slumber said.

"Welcome back to the land of the living" I said to Dylan.

"Why thank you" he said.

"So what have you decided, will you do it" Declan said.

If I do it, and it's negative, I have nothing to loose.
Bit if it's positive, I'll be their sister.
So either way, I have nothing to loose.

"I'll do it. On one condition" I said.

"Name it" Dylan said smiling

"Let me see your Mom's photo" I said.

"No problemo" Dylan said.

Dylan then proceeded to take of his necklace I didn't know he was wearing.
It was a gold necklace but at the middle, they was a square shaped gold.
Then he gently opened it.
And there it was, the photo of a man who looked just like Dylan and a woman who looked just like me.