Chapter Forty

***Shawn's POV***

Flashback

I walked up to the principal's office since I was informed she wanted to see me. Apparently my nephew Phillipe has gotten into a fight and was in detention. I placed a knock on her door and seconds later I was invited in.

"Good afternoon sir. Please how may I help you?"

"I am Mr. Taylor, Phillipe's uncle. His teacher said you wanted to see me"

"Oh yeah! Phillipe!"

She called out and he came from an adjourning room.

"He got into a fight with his colleague he claims broke his pencil."

"I am sorry ma'am, it won't happen again."

"I hope it doesn't. Secondly, is everything alright at home? because of late, Phillipe has changed into an abusive little boy. He doesn't like playing with the other kids anymore. Once his teacher found him sitting alone with tears rolling down his cheeks. When he was asked why he was crying, he said he misses his dad. His academics have dropped and he comes to school with undone home works."

"Really is that so?. I never knew. I will personally make sure I find out what the problem is and solve it."

"Good. Thank you fo........"

"Mrs. Anderson! ma'am! Mrs. Anderson! ma'am! ma'am!"

A teacher ran into her office calling out a name which I presume was her.

"What is it, Ms. Doxa?"

"Ma'am it-its Junior, the little bo-boy that started today wi-with his twin sister." she was out of breath but she managed to say.

"What is wrong with him?"

"Ma'am he is regurgitating, his temperature is too high and he looks pale."

"Where is he?" I asked seeing no need for time wastage. A child is in trouble and from what she said it's pretty serious.

She led the way and I run after her to a classroom where there was a child on the floor with the rest of the kids crying. I scooped him up and without delay, I run with him to my car, made his teacher sit in the backseat, and secure him in her arms before driving to the hospital. I texted Malcin, my best friend to come for Phillipe and his sister.

End of Flashback

***Emily's POV***

"Who is that girl in your arms Aaliyah? I never knew you and Mike had a daughter."

"Hmmm! where is the boy nurse?" I jumped in trying to distract him.

"Please follow me. Tests proved that he ate something that was poisoned. You must be grateful to this man and the woman over there for acting fast. He wouldn't have made it if they hadn't."

It was then that I noticed the teacher I met this morning.

"You! I left my son in your care. You assured me he will be fine how then was he poisoned? Tell me!"

I shouted causing the woman to tremble. Tears were rolling down her face the same way mine was rolling.

"Calm down ma'am. He is stable now. Fill these forms then after, you are free to see him."

I did as told then I was allowed to see him. He looked peaceful while he slept. It was here that I saw how much he looks like me. There were tubes connected to him which broke my heart. How can my baby suffer this way? He is so innocent so why will someone do this to him?. I will find whoever did this and make him/her suffer. When I got out, Shawn and the teacher was gone and the only one left was Aaliyah. Edna had taken the kids home.