Chapter Twenty-Three

"Emily are you okay?" Aaliyah who had noticed the change in her friend asked worried about her wellbeing.

"Yes I am. I am just feeling dizzy." She replied using her pregnancy symptom as an excuse to escape from the wedding reception. She had prayed for the wedding to be over and isn't ready to go through the painful hours of the reception.

Aaliyah raised her left eye brow in a way that indicated that she doesn't believe her.

"Really, I am fine. I need to rest for a while."

She knew she wouldn't be able to rest due to the chaos that was going on within her. She was fighting her emotions so she wouldn't break down: She wasn't about to let everyone know how weak she is.

"Okay let me get you something to drink so you can relax." Aaliyah turned to go without hearing her response. She took that as an opportunity to escape and wasted no time in walking in the direction of the exit.

"Emily Wait! Please!" She walked as fast as her legs could carry her, not ready to have this conversation yet.

"I can explain please stop! Please."

He sprinted behind her trying to close the increasing gap between them. He had waited for so long to get her alone and now that he has gotten the opportunity, he wouldn't let her slip through his fingers. He wanted her and only her. He thought to himself that he couldn't live without her. A reality that seemed odd to him because when he decided to pursue her, he only wanted to get her laid. But he seems so much into her now that, he has already started planning how their life will be together. She paid no heed to his pleas but rather increased her pace

"Emily stop being childish and listen to me!" This was what he needed to make her stop. But he regretted his words the moment they left his mouth

"Childish? oh I get it now. You see me as a child that was why you were able to deceive me to this great extent. How could you?!"

"I didn't deceive you. Believe me."

"Is that so Father Shawn Fritswald? You didn't?. You disgust me you imbecile !" She spitted out before turning to leave.

"I am sorry, I wanted you and I knew you wouldn't want me if you knew."

"So you decided to lie right?"

"No I didn't lie. I just didn't tell you."

"Do you even know about sin of omission?. Ofcourse you do. You are a priest!"

He groaned in annoyance that she was not giving him the chance to explain, more like deceive her again.

"Do you know what you have done? I don't think you understand what your lie has costed"

"I don't care about that. All I care about is my feeling. This priesthood doesn't matter."

"You are so selfish. I can't believe I imagined a life with you. Do you know how I am feeling right now? All you care about is your damn feelings. You literally made me have sex with you: a priest!"

"So what? It wasn't like you didn't want it too. For all I could remember you enjoyed it as much as I did so quit behaving like a saint because I know you are not. Why are you even pointing my sin out when you are the slut that slept with a married man?!"

She involuntary slapped his left cheek allowing her anger to get the best of her.

"Yes I slept with a married man but that doesn't make me a slut because I didn't know he was married. At least sleeping with him was a better option than sleeping with you. You are despicable. I hope your sin catch up with you.!"