Chapter Nine

***Shawn's POV.***

"Father Fritwald welcome back. How was your visit to Your family?"

"It was good but stressful Father Mateo.Marina reduced me to her son's babysitter."

"Ha ha ha ha! Did she?. You know that sister of yours is always busy. I am sure you were of great help to her."

"I sure was. I am not complaining but she took every bit advantage of me. I even misplaced my expensive Rolex watch."

"Rolex? Where did you get that much money for just a watch if I may ask Father Fritwald"

"Wel-well- hmm a friend gifted it to me." I said pretending to cough.

"Father Mateo, there is a little favor I would want to ask from you." I said hoping that he would help and also as an attempt to take his mind away from the watch.

"If it is within my power I would help. So what is it?"

"There is an important place I have to be tomorrow so I was wondering if you can, you know officiate mass tomorrow?"

"And may I know where this important place is considering you just came back from a vacation."

"It was not a vacation. It was a visit."

"Okay no problem but just this once and no more. After this I won't take over mass in your place again."

"Thanks father. I am grateful."

***Emily's POV..***

"This dress looks good on you. I think it's the perfect one" I stare at myself in the mirror feeling good about my body.

"Yeah you are so damn right. I will get it." I took it off then walked to the cashier to pay.

After settling everything and also getting a mask for me, we head to Mcdonalds to get a bite of their chicken nuggets.

"So what will you be doing this evening after you have gone to see your dad?"

"Was thinking of Netflix. You know, wear some shorts, get pizza and beer, relax whilst watching The witcher on Netflix."

"Gosh that's so boring girl. Mike and the boys have organized a night out. why don't you join us?"

"I will pass this time. I will be exhausted by the time I get to the hotel from Dad's house."

"No problem. You need the rest anyway for the ball tomorrow. Talking of the ball have you gotten your escort yet?"

"Nope.I think I will be coming alone. I don't need an escort to enjoy myself. I can dance alone."

"No need to be alone. I am sure there will be a lot of single gents there and your beauty makes it much easier for a guy to eye you."

"Stop flattering me Ally. We both know I haven't got even half of your beauty."

"Can't believe after all these years you still don't see how beautiful you are. Look around us, almost every guy in here is checking you out. Look, take a look and believe for yourself."

I looked around and truthfully almost every pair of eyes were on us. The looks from the guys was of lust and awe while that of the ladies held scorn and jealousy.

"I am so sure it's you they are looking at not me". I said, doubting I can command such attention.

"Don't be silly Emmy, I am wearing a ring. You very well know that guys here don't look at women who are taken."