Chapter Nineteen

***Shawn's POV***

"If you are here with your stupid persistent I'm sorry I am not in the mood for it."

I heard her say immediately the door opened. She was hiding her face behind the door and if I didn't know better I would have said she didn't want me to see her.

"No, actually I am not. But I might as well remind you that I am serious about you and would do anything to have you."

"Well noted so you can go now."

"Like I said, that is not why I'm here. I just came to check up on you. How are you and are you still feeling dizzy?"

"I am fine."

"Are you sure? Why are you hiding your face?. Wait, are you crying?" I questioned hearing a sniff from her.

"Stop acting like you care and leave me alone!"

"Sorry that won't be possible until I know why you are crying."

"Do you ever quit!?"

"Nope, I don't"

She stepped out of the way, giving me access to enter. I couldn't help but to think of any possible reason why she looked broken and shitty at this moment. Getting a clear view of her for the first time, I saw she had red puffy eyes which was void of emotions. There were bags under her eyes and the marks of the endless tears she might have shed could be seen.

"Why are you allowing what is bothering you rob your sleep?"

"Pardon?"

"I can see under that eye that you haven't had enough sleep, maybe none. What is wrong?"

"Nothing I am fine."

"No you are not. No sensible person will cry this much if they are okay. You can trust me Emily. I care about you and before you say I don't, just think about this. I will never spare a glance at you if I don't, I wouldn't be here if I don't. Please let me help you. How about you see me as a friend just for today. See me as a friend you can lean on and share whatever is bothering you with me. Moreover, a problem shared is a problem half solved. But if you can't I will understand and be on my way."

I stood up in an attempt to leave but she held my wrist, causing a strange feeling to jolt through me. Just that touch felt like a magnetic force holding her hand and my wrist together and it felt impossible to move away from her. I swear that at that moment it was just the two of us in our world. I knew she could feel it too because of the speed at which she detached her hand from my wrist. She turned to move away from me but I held her hand this time, turning her to face me but her head was bowed. I placed my hand under her chin, gently forcing her to look into my eyes, a move I instantly regretted. Looking into those tired gorgeous eyes, all I felt like doing was fucking her and I felt guilty for my lustful and selfish thoughts considering the situation she was in. But I wondered how it will feel being in her again. A groan brought me out of my thoughts.

"You are hurting me!"

"I-I-I-I am am s-so so-sso-sorry"

I said releasing her hand that I had held tightly to during my naughty thoughts.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I guess I am." She replied, her cheeks has turned red as we stood in awkwardness.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Your beauty render me speechless."

"Ahhhh oh okay?" "I hate lies and I...."

"I am not lying to you? you are indeed a beauty."

"I am not talking about that. You wanted to know what was wrong with me right?"