Chapter Eight

***Emily's POV.***

"Welcome to hotel Mascot how may I be of help to you?"

"Hello! I am Emily Gray, I made a reservation here. I'm here to check in if you don't mind."

I answered as pleasantly as I can considering how tired I was from the flight.

"Please spare me a minute while I check your details."

"Here you go ma'am your room number is 201. Just use the elevator on your right. It's on the third floor. I will let someone bring the rest of your bags."

"Thank you."

"You are welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay here."

"I hope so too."

I followed the direction she gave me and in no time I found my room. I swiped the key card over the lock side of the door giving me access to the room. I entered finding the need to rest. I wasn't able to sleep on the flight due to my anxiety. I am not fond of flights and I tend to shake when I am on one. To me it feels like we will crash when I close my eyes so I keep them opened.

I removed my shoes deciding against changing my outfit. I was about hitting the bed when I heard a knock on the door.

Oooh what is it?. Opening the door, a young man in about his mid twenties stood with the rest of my luggage I left at the reception

"Here ma'am, Casey asked me to bring these bags to your room."

"Please bring them in."

"Thank you . Please take this."

I said handing him a ten dollar note

"Don't mention it madam. I am Caleb. You can call on me if you ever need anything and thank you for this." He said taking the dollar note from me.

"Okay I will keep that in mind Caleb. Thanks once again."

I closed the door after him, glad that I can have some rest without any interruption.

*******

I woke up to a dark room . How long have I slept?. I checked the time on my phone and it read six forty five Pm. Jeez, I have slept over seven hours. Getting into my washroom,I brushed my teeth before walking to my luggage to pick up a clean dress. After putting on light makeup I went for the door deciding against calling room service.

Half way down the hallway I picked my Phone up just when it started ringing.

Great! just who I wanted to call

"Hi babe!"

"Don't babe me. You forgot to call me. Do you know how worried I was?"

"Calm down Eddy, I was about calling you when you called."

"Don't tell me to come down. It's been hours since your plane landed. I know how scared you are of flights and I thought something had happened to you. If anything had happened to you what would I do?"

She said and I could hear from her voice that she was crying. Ahhh! this her pregnancy hormones is something else.

"Please don't cry. I am okay. I am sorry I didn't call you but that was because I was extremely tired and was at breaking point. I am so sorry Eddy."

"You are not forgiven. You will have to earn it." She joked.

"Okay ma, what do I have to do to gain it?"

"That's your assignment young lady."

"Anyway, have you had anything to eat?"

"Not yet. I am on my way to the Restaurant."