Chapter Sixteen

***Shawn's POV***.

"Can anyone explain what's going on here? Shawn, I thought you are at a meeting? How then did you run out of nowhere and more shockingly you carried Emily as if you knew her."

Aaliyah questioned while we waited for the doctor in the reception.

"Baby I think this is not the place and time to talk about this. Come on, Emily is in there unconscious."

"Yeah she is unconscious but she is being attended to so if we must talk about this it is now and right here"

"But...."

"Shut the fuck up Michael! And will you start talking or not Mister!" She asked, looking directly at me with confusion and anger.

"I don't know her, I just felt like helping her when I saw from a distance that she isn't well"

"But there were so many guys in there so why you? you practically pushed everyone away from her before carrying her. It was more like you didn't want anyone to touch her other than you"

"I just acted on instincts.I didn't want history to repeat itself."

"And what does that mean? What are you talking about?"

"Have you forgotten so soon what happened last year at the city's Park? Have you forgotten that a young girl who looked younger than your friend was neglected when she fainted and lost her life because they delayed in taking her to the hospital?"

I could see that she was trying to recall but of course she wouldn't because nothing of that sort happened. I just made it up to save my dear life from her numerous questions.

"I don't remember that. When did that happen?"

"I told you last year."

"But I don't recall that, and I get to hear everything that happens here. So why don't I remember"

"Baby I do remember, earlier last year, that happened. That poor girl died when she could have been saved." Mike confirmed playing along with what I said.

She looked at us with a suspicious expression but it seemed like she believed my story.

"Look here both of you. If I ever find out that you lied to me I will crush your balls, cut your dicks off and feed them to the wolves."

"Whoosh! that will hurt. That's deadly." I said holding my dear little friend in a way to protect it from a dangerous lady called Aaliyah.

"I think I should get going. There is a meeting going on and I should be there, not here."

I said as an excuse to escape from this lady. Also I didn't want Emily to see me when she wakes up.

"Man, I'm coming with you. Got to pick up a few things up from Nikolai's. See you later babe." Mike said moving to place a peck on her lips but she turned away faking to be annoyed.

"See you later Aaliyah." I called out earning the middle finger from her.

I shook my head making my way out of the hospital.I took my keys from Mike which made him look at me in confusion.

"What?" He didn't reply but kept looking at me.

"Oh! you need a ride to Nikolai's house."

"Duh! isn't that obvious? I left my car at the church."

"Why don't I take you to the church so you can get it. How will you get home from there without your car?"

"I will have someone bring it over."