Chapter Twenty-Six

***Shawn's POV.***

Sunday came by pretty fast, faster than I had thought. But it was all good. I was delighted I have been able to put together a plan to cause trouble in this little town before leaving. I picked up my phone, dialing my pilots number.

"Kunis prepare the plane. I will be leaving for New York at 2:00pm."

"Right away sir."

I hanged the call just hoping that this day will go as fast as the other days so I can go and search for Emily. I know with no doubt that she is in New York even if it's not in her apartment. Two days, Two solid days without her is pure torture and to know that she is mad at me only adds more pain to my wounds.

I made it a little late to the church which was surprisingly filled to the brim with mostly older folks and young women who were there to welcome the new priest. Yes, they replaced me that quickly. It was almost like they had that priest on standby waiting for me to fuck up.

The whispering began immediately I entered and no one had to tell me what it was about. But I cared less, they should rather be worried because I am coming to give them a moment they will never forget.

"Father Fritswald what are you doing here:. I thought we banned you from coming here much more wearing your cassock." Father Matheo said out boldly whiles the other priests had their heads bowed.

"Relax Father Matheo, I am only here to hand over the mantle to your new priest or isn't that how It's done?"

"We don't need you to hand over your ungodly mantle to a godly man so get out now before......."

"Ungodly? Ungodly? Do you want me to tell every one here what ungodly is?!"

Father Lither made a sign to Father Matheo to allow me take part in the service and do what I wanted to do. And by the look of things, he understood what I meant. They don't want their evil deeds to be brought to the light. They are just lucky I am not there for them. I don't want to continue to pretend to be who I am not anymore so I an here to end it all. I am not a priest and will never be. What was I even thinking when I accepted this role?

"Thank you Father Matheo for your understanding. Now may we proceed?"

He shrugged his shoulders before taking his seat . I took my place behind the pulpit ready to put my plan into action.

"First of all I would love to........."

I paused scrutinizing the auditorium looking for a particular young fool. I smirked when I saw him sitting at the second row with his wife by his side.

Forgive me Carmine. I mentally pleaded thinking about the woman who will be hurt due to my plan. But I had no choice than to do it.

"First of all I would want to apologize for my behavior even though I don't regret a single moment with that lady. I know that as a priest I am not supposed to be with any woman but I couldn't resist her and I am glad I didn't because she has shown me what love is even in this shortest time I was with her. She has shown me a side of love that I never knew which made me break free from these laws that I was bound to as a priest. We are all humans and we sin in one way or the other. We sometimes have no control over certain things or people and mine was Emily. And if this is my sin then I am glad to accept any punishment it comes with. As today will be the last day I will be standing before you, I would like to leave you with this gift. But before that, I would love to thank my very good friend and brother David Mcclean for being a true friend even in the midst of a storm. I also want to thank that beautiful young lady over there....."

I pointed at Lisa who was sitting at the alter wearing her nun gown.

"I want to thank her for her year of service to me. She is a true gem and a hard worker. Everyone here can attest to her purity."