Chapter Twenty-Nine

***Unknown POV***

What is he doing here? or--or has he found out I'm staying here? No it can't be.

I lowered myself in my car when I noticed him looking at the direction I was parked. It was just some few meters away from the house but he could see me if he looked closely. He stood patiently by the door waiting for someone to open the door.

That's strange, Edna never delays with opening of the door. She might be busy with Bella.

I released a breathe I didn't realized I was holding when he turned to leave but then the door opened revealing Edna who was drenched in sweat.

***TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATER***

***Emily's POV***

"Sir these are the documents you asked me to work on."

"Thank you Emily. How are you doing? I heard you were not feeling well yesterday."

"I am fine sir, Actually I wasn't the one sick. Junior was."

"What! What happened to my grandson?"

"He had a pretty mild flu and his temperature didn't seem to go down."

"Why didn't you inform me? I could have made a high class doctor check him."

I rolled my eyes playfully at him over reacting.I understand him though. I was devastated when the nanny called to tell me that he has been sent to the hospital

"He is fine now Sir"

"Okay if anything, don't hesitate to let me know. You know how much I love that little boy."

"I will sir."

Ever since I accepted this job, Mr. Taylor has been nothing but good to me. He pays me a good salary and makes sure he pays me whenever I work overtime even though I refuse it. The company gave me a house and a car and sponsored my health insurance. Initially, I thought I was treated too special until I found out that most of the workers here enjoy same benefits. I have become extremely close to Mr. Taylor that he tells me everything even if it's not concerning work and I have learnt a lot about him . When I started working with him, I thought he never had children being the reason why he refers to me as his daughter. But then he took me by surprise when he said that, he would have let his son marry me if not for the fact that I was pregnant. He later told me he has a son and a daughter with his first wife. Apparently he had only one wife so what am I saying?

"That's great work done Ms. Gray, I am sure this new arrangement of the files in this document will makes things easier for me. Thank you. I have sent you a copy of the Santana mall deal. Kindly work on that. It's not much so you can have the rest of the day off when you are done."

"But Sir, the morning just started and I believe we have a whole lot to do today."

"I know but my grandson needs you."

"Sir he is well now believe me."

It's not like I don't want to be with junior right now, but it's unfair to Mr. Taylor. He is paying me for my services so I don't feel comfortable when he has to adjust just for my sake.

"I believe you dear. But I want to do this. I want you to give Junior all your attention because I don't want the situation where your mind will be wandering off. So I want us to be sure that he is completely alright."

"Sir you are an angel." Thank you I said, using my thumb to wipe a lone tear.

"Aww look at you. I am glad I am able to help dear.Because like I have been saying, You are my daughter and I will do anything to make life comfortable for you. Now get on to work. We have a little sweetheart to take care of."