Chapter Ten

***Shawn's POV***

Father Mateo can be a pain in the ass sometimes. He monitors my every move and for an old man his age, he never minds his business. Yesterday after he had agreed to officiate mass, he called me again wanting to know where I will be going and doing. He behaves so holy that it is sometimes hard to lie to him. The door to my room opened and in came my womanizing friend.

"Hey man where are you off to?"

"Mike's engagement party. You know I will be officiating his wedding." I answered knowing the rivalry between them

"That doesn't mean you have to go."

"It doesn't but he sent me an invitation and may I remind you that he is still my friend."

"Whatever." He said rolling his eyes like a bitch.

I chuckled, turning my back to him. I fixed my bow tie but it felt awkward for David to be this quiet. I mean he is always talking.

"Women issues?" I asked, my back still turned to him.

"How did you know?"

"Because for the first time you are quiet and secondly you are a womanizer being part of the reason why Carmine kicked you out of your own house."

"Forget that annoying woman. How does she expect me to be with her the whole damn time. What I am thinking about right now is far beyond her."

"Then tell me what it is."

"It's Emily, the lady I told you I had a crush on but couldn't have."

"The one Martin was going to marry? What is it with her this time?"

"She is back in town and it's awful she still hates me."

"What do you expect from her after what you and Martin did to her?"

"It was not my fault that the son of a bitch ditched her."

"Here you go again. You don't accept your faults. Remember you knew he was having an affair with her sister before he even proposed to her.But you chose to keep it away from her."

"I had no choice. Believe me, I would have loved to have Emily all to myself but she loved him so much I couldn't hurt her by telling her."

"You hurt her anyway."

"Yeah I know but she should stop treating me like an enemy."

"That's your problem with her and you have got to deal with her. I should get going now. Please remember not to do anything nasty on my bed. Any sluts you bring here, make sure it's not on my bed."

"Yes sir."

I chuckled, picking up my mask and car keys. I walked past the door banging it behind me. Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with him. Yes I know we are alike but for God sake I am a priest and I'm grateful no one knows we are pals.

I absentmindedly drove to Mike's residence still thinking of what might have happened if I hadn't left my red hair temptress's apartment.

I made a turn bringing my drive to a halt. Putting on my mask, I exited my car handing the keys to the valet.

***Emmy's POV.***

I alighted from the limousine making sure to thank the driver. Immediately, my eyes locked with a set of blue ones which oddly looked familiar. He had exited from the car that was ahead of us. His stares made me feel strangely beautiful and good while at the same time made me feel naked and vulnerable. His eyes had turned a darker shade of blue and they were pulling me in.