Chapter Thirty Six

***Third-person POV***

"Dad she is not answering her calls. I have sent her a couple of emails but she is not replying to them. My patience is running out. I am afraid I might replace her soon."

"You will do no such thing. Have you tried finding out why she has been absent for the two weeks she has been away? Or you mind telling me what happened on the night of the handing over because that's when she left."

His dad looked at him with a suspicious look whiles defending Emily.

"Come on dad, I didn't do anything to her. She just went off when I tried speaking with her. She also told me that she quit then ran off. What was I supposed to do?"

"That is your problem. You should have let her be. You shouldn't have gone to speak with her. Both of us know how fragile that girl is."

"So what am I supposed to do now. I need a PA. And I can't wait forever for an arrogant girl."

"You can't fool me, son, I know you need that girl so stop pretending you don't. Now let me find out what's going on with her."

He took out his phone and dialed a strange number

"Hello boss." A male voice answered at the other end of the call.

"How is the young girl doing and why hasn't she been to work for two weeks?"

"Sorry boss. I am having a problem getting her to. She has refused to tell me why she doesn't want to work there anymore. Perhaps our plan to get them together was a bad one. She has totally changed and has refused to leave the kids as if she is scared someone will kidnap them. She has also started applying to other companies and she even has an interview tomorrow."

"We all know why Micah, but it baffles me that after two years she is still holding on to the pain."

"I will be coming there tomorrow. Just make sure she doesn't leave the house."

"Okay boss I will."

He ended the call quite disappointed. He thought Emily was lying when she said she doesn't feel anything for his son. Or does she? Maybe she does, being the reason why she can't stand being around him. A smile broke on his face which confused Shawn.

"What is it dad? were you able to speak with her? when did she say she will be coming back. Why are you smiling?"

"Shut up fool. I thought you said you don't need her. Next time learn how to solve your problems and know how to zip your pants up. She is having an interview tomorrow at somewhere I don't know. But I will pay her a visit."

***Mr. Taylor's POV***

I had planned this for so long to make it fail. I had to one way or the other get Emily back to work so that she can be close to Shawn. That way, what they felt for each other will be ignited. And that was what I was set on doing. When I first got to know about her, I was upset and didn't like her. I made myself believe that she is the reason he was expelled from priesthood and is the reason he will go back to womanizing. But I was wrong. I failed to understand that she was different from the girls he dated. Something I had wished I had known earlier. If I did, my son wouldn't have missed out on the birth of his kids. I made him believe that she had died in an accident that occurred by bribing the authorities to manipulate the information and the DNA. I didn't like the idea that he was searching for her. I thought she didn't suit his status and due to that, I destroyed my son's life. Now I have to fix the mess I created and reconcile them. Working with her has made me realized that she is not just beautiful but brilliant, law-abiding, respectful, and hard-working. Attributes I only want for my heir.

"Sir, the toys you asked for."

Simona, my maid said, referring to the toys I bought for my grandchildren.

"Please put them in the car."

I got into my car, then ordered the chauffeur to drive to Emily's house. During the ride there, I couldn't think of anything else but what to do to get rid of this hatred Emily has for my son. I know she hates him because I will hate him if I was the one he did that to. But if the saying that love conquers everything is true then I'm hopeful they will conquer this too. For two years, I have watched my son become miserable, turn to drugs, alcohol, and women. He was worse than he was when I made him join the priests. This forced me to hire his detective who I have paid earlier to stop looking for her to look for her and to say I was shocked she has moved to Minnesota, the same state that I have set up my main office will be an understatement. Shocking of all, I found that she was stranded and pregnant possibly for my son so I sent one of my guys to her aid. Yes, I sent Micah to live with her so that he will be able to report to me whatever happens with her and the babies. I even asked him to persuade her to work with me which she refused. So we planned to get her to the office so that it will be like we met by coincidence and that worked. Everything has been working perfectly since then but why are things going astray now? I was too deep in thought that I didn't notice that the car has stopped in front of her house.

"Sir we are here."

"Okay, please bring the toys from the booth."

The front door opened before I even got there, revealing Micah who had a sad countenance.

"Boss you are here."

"Yes, I told you I will be here this morning. And why are you looking like that? What is wrong?"

"I am sorry boss but she is not home."

"Who?"

"Emily, she went out very early today that I didn't even notice."

"How stupid can you be? I thought I asked you to prevent her from going out."

"You did but I was asleep. I think she has not gone far. I am sure she has gone for a run."

"I will wait for her, we have to solve this problem today. We might not have another chance if she gets to know the truth."

"So what is your plan?"

"I will convince her to get back to work, then I will tell Shawn about the kids. Maybe they will make them think twice."

"But don't you think that will make things worse?"

"It doesn't matter, my son has missed two years of his children's lives. I think he deserves to know the truth."

"Why don't we let her tell him herself?"

"Come on son, you know the Emily we both know won't ever do that. Now talking of the kids, where are they?"

"They are in their room. Let me bring them."

***Emily's POV***

I felt exhausted, soaked with sweat as I try to catch some air. I took to jogging about two weeks ago when I resigned finding it refreshing. It also takes my mind off things so since I had nothing doing, I focused on it. Satisfied with my routine for the day, I walked up to my door but just when I was about to turn the knob, I heard voices which I identified as Micah's and Mr. Taylor's.
But why is he here?. Oh I know, he is here to convince me to go back to work for the devil. Well I have already made up my mind and I have moved on and that is what I am going to tell him. But then he said something which made me stop.

"So he knew all along?"