Chapter Fourteen

***Shawn's POV***

"Father Fritswald, where have you been? You were not in your house nor were you answering your calls."

"I am sorry father Mateo I was unwell."

"Really, then Why were you not at home? It's been a week and no one knew where you were and you are telling me you were sick?"

"Yes exactly"

"Young man, I am not a kid and may I remind you that the work of God can not be taken for granted. If you were unwell you should be home being taken care of or we should have been informed about your admission to a hospital."

"I didn't want to worry you."

"No that is not called worry Father Fritswald, that is called respect. You give me that respect when you inform me about where you go and what you do. But ever since you were posted here you have never shown me that respect which is very disrespectful coming from a fellow but younger priest. You went away for a whole week without a word which really tells me that you don't know what you are about here. I have made a report to the council concerning you"

"You did what!"

"Oh you heard me! I can't tolerate your misbehavior anymore. You are always not there for mass when you have to officiate. I literally do everything around here and you are supposed to be my assistant not the other way round."

"I understand you but that is not enough reason for you to report me to the council. You know how much I love my post."

"Really, you love your post?I never knew. I'm just hearing it from you"

"What do I have to do to make you understand me Father Mateo"

"Be serious!. This is the last chance you are going to get. Consider it that you are on probation. Any little mistake, you will be stripped off your post and title."

"Oh you can't do this."

"Try me young man. Now get to work. I have asked Tony to draw the plan for the wedding which will be taking place here next week."

"Okay thank you." I said as he walked out of my office.

***Emmy's POV***

"Baby girl I think it's time for you to see your dad. It's been over two weeks you last saw him. Remember he is the reason you are back there"

"I know Eddy, but I am not ready enough to face them again yet."

"How long does it take you to be ready? Look, what they did to you was cruel but if you want to heal you gotta let it go. That man is dying and I know that all he ever wants is your forgiveness so please don't deny him that."

"I am trying. I am but it's just too hard. Sometimes I feel like what they did to me is unforgivable. I try to forget but their laughter and smiles that day when they humiliated me comes to mind. Do you think I want to be like this forever? I want to move on yet I'm stuck."

"I am so sorry baby girl. Why don't you deal with this once and for all. I will encourage you to go visit them once again. If you don't like it, fine."

"I don't know but I am thinking o....."

My words were stuck in my throat as I felt the urgent urge to puke. I ran as fast as my legs could let me to the washroom emptying everything I had managed to keep in my tummy into the toilet.

I washed my mouth convinced that I was done. I returned to my room to see that Eddy hadn't hung up.

"Baby girl are you alright? What was that all about?"