Chapter Thirty five

***Emily's POV***

"Running again?"

I halted, standing rooted at where I stopped. I was contemplating on whether to reply or not and I chose the latter deciding that I have stressed myself enough and not ready to add his stress to mine. So I ignored him and resume my trip to the car park.

"Walking away, that's all that you are good at. Hmm, what else? Yes lies! You are good at lying that is why you are running again because you don't want to face the truth. You don't want to face the truth that fate has brought us to the same place so we can reunite."

"In your dreams Mr. Taylor. There is no way I will ever allow you to lie to me ever again. Please kindly keep your distance and I will keep mine."

It seems that will be impossible since I am now your boss. Let me remind you that you are my personal assistance.

He said slyly, filling me with rage. How can just one person keep me on my toes and make me this angry.?

"Then I am glad to say that I quit."

"What? you can't do that. You wil......."

"There you are, baby!"

The lady who walked on the stage with him called out and walked to us, entwining her arms with his.

"I have been looking for you. Hi I am Phillis Mendoza Shawn's fiancée" She introduced herself offering her hands for a handshake.

Fiancée huh? that word she said just sent a sting through my chest. But why was I feeling this way?. I thought I had gone over what happened between us. I am positive I don't feel anything for him but why then am I getting mad.?

"I am Emily, Mr. Taylor's former P.A"

"Nice meeting you Ms. Mendoza." I mean it was not nice meeting her but I couldn't possibly tell her that no matter how much I am yearning to.

"Likewise Emma. Baby let's go I have found a friend who has a baby shop. We can get our baby's things there. I am so excited!"

She rubbed it in my face but thankfully, I was strong enough not to burst out.

"Emily, Not Emma." I knew she intentionally changed my name.

"Congratulations on your baby. I will leave now. I was about leaving when you came."

I said, sparing a last glance at Shawn before turning to leave. I could tell he wanted to say something but his 'fiancée' in coat, didn't allow him to. She practically dragged him back to the auditorium.

I don't know but I don't like her. She was pleasant but she had this look in her eyes that made me uncomfortable. And the baby? she didn't have to rub it in my face like that. I easily located my car and sent a text to Micah that I was leaving early before driving off.

When I got home, I found the babysitter asleep on the couch with junior lying on her chest asleep. I silently but carefully carried junior off her to his room where his sister lay in her bed.

Children are gifts from God that bring happiness and now, that annoying woman is going to have a taste of that with my man!

Remembering the whole thing only made me fume with anger and in as much as I wanted to deny that it was painful, I couldn't

***Shawn's POV***

The event went successfully and I must say, the planner did a good job, only that she has not availed herself to be applauded. It's been a week that I took over as the CEO of dad's company including this one but I have not heard anything of her. She hasn't called in sick neither does she answer her calls. Every day of the week, I had hoped she would walk in through the doors and just say that it's all a prank and that she didn't mean to give away her job because she wanted to avoid me.