Chapter Thirty-Three

***Emily's POV***

The days went faster than they came and sooner than later, it was just a day to the party. Mr. Taylor had already announced to the rest of his employees about his retirement and like human nature, some were sad while others were happy. But in all what matters was that we all have our jobs.

I have done my best to set up everything, praying and hoping everything goes as planned. I walked into my bathroom to brush my teeth and take my bath because I had to leave home early to go and see the set up at the venue before going to work. We were having it at an event center close to our office. Strangely enough, it belongs to our boss. Damn! how many businesses does this man own?. He owns virtually everything in this state

***********************************************************************************************

"Yeah, this looks good. I like the colors and the flowers. Just don't like the ribbons they look awful. Please take them off." I instructed the decorator

"Sure, ma'am." He quickly got to work fearing that he will lose his job if we don't like his decoration. And this made him nervous because I could sense it.

"Relax Joe relax. I like your decoration. It's nice but it's just the ribbons that look out of place. Why don't you just replace it with balloons?"I said as a way of calming him down and it sure worked.

"Richie, are the chairs up to the number?"

"No ma'am but they are bringing more plus extras. You know how these big parties can be. Some come uninvited."

"Shhhh, Richie. You don't have to remind me of that." I chuckled, remembering that one time a woman crushed the party without an invite and started causing chaos when she was not allowed to get in at the entrance. She claimed she is Mr. Taylor's girlfriend. Poor old man. He became so uncomfortable claiming he doesn't know her."

"Well! well! well! someone is sure a hard worker." Nicolina said taking in the view.

"Thank you but are you going to stand there all day or help me?"

"There is nothing to help with Emily. You have done everything."

"There is Nicho, now stop being lazy and help me with those glasses in the boxes over there."

"So how are things going with your Mr. Right?"I asked her, remembering our last conversation.

"I am just being an eagle. Watching my prey carefully before attacking. It looks like he is an employee and he works with the accounts department."

"Oh ok." That is all I could say. I remembered I nearly run into him on Saturday when I had gone to the office to plan the party. The lock was giving me one hell of a problem and he offered to help. His presence and voice reminded me so much of Shawn that it made me forcibly opened the door and locked it behind me. I broke the handle though.

"Yeah, but you should see him. He is one hell of a man. Damn! I am sure God took his time in creating him."

"Oh, Nico you don't believe in God. You don't even believe he exists."

"I do when I have seen such a fine specimen. He is the kind of guy that just turns you on with his looks."

"Hmm! don't you think you are exaggerating?"

"No, I am not. You should see him. From his hair to his perfectly chiseled lips to his pink lips and yeah his eyes. Hmm, he is so perfect. But is it strange that I feel like I have seen those eyes somewhere?"

I shrugged my shoulders but she didn't notice anyway because she was still fantasying about her new crush.

"Nicho be careful with that!" I shouted bringing her out of her dream world. The glass she was cleaning nearly fell off.

"Friend, this guy has got you pretty bad."

We finished off with the setting of the tables before going to the office.

****Unknown POV***

"What are you waiting for? you need to make the move now. We have to make him pay for what he did to me and our parents."

"I am trying but I need more time. He is really proving stubborn."

"I am giving you just a week, if you don't do anything I will take action myself. Remember I wanted to do this on my own but you said you would. Right now, I am not feeling the anger and hatred you had for him. Or are you falling in love with him?"

"Hell no!. I can never fall in love with the person who hurt our parents and you so much."

"Then prove me wrong. I want his head but make sure you are able to loot as much as you can. That boy is wealthy."

***Emily's POV***

"Sir, everything is ready for tomorrow."

"You look tired Emily are you okay?"

"Yes sir, I just need a little rest."

"Your boyfriend said you didn't have breakfast in the morning so I got you breakfast. It's in your office."

"Micah? why will he tell you that?"

"It's because he cares about you. He came here to look for you because he said you left very early in the morning and needed to make sure that you are alright."

"Alright. Is there anything you would like me to do for you?"

"No dear, you are done with your job when it comes to me. So you are free to rest after your breakfast. But I have a favor to ask."

"What is it, sir?"

"I would love to spend time with my grandchildren. I will be bored now that I'm retiring so I figured you can let me be with them most of the time you are working."

"Hmm! but sir they would just cause you troubles. I mean junior mostly will, but Luna wouldn't since she is calmer."

"Their nanny will be around dear. "

"Forgive me to say sir but I thought your daughter has kids, why not them?"

"You are my daughter as well Emily and I regard your kids as my grandchildren. Besides Marina and her kids are in New York."

"I don't know sir but I guess you can. At least once in a week."

"A day in a week is not enough but can I complain? thank you, dear."

I just nodded. It was strange how he wanted my kids around him but I understand him. He will be lonely since he wouldn't be working and he loves the kids. I left his office to mine to the sight of a huge basket filled with food on my table. I just ate them before sending the bills for the party to the accounts office to be settled. When I got to the office, it was empty but just when I was thinking of leaving, the door opened and a strangely familiar presence filled the room.

"Can I help you?"

I didn't know what to do because for some time now, I have been avoiding this guy because he reminds me so much of Shawn but today I had to face him and I dreaded that. What if it's truly him?. It can't be him. No, it can't be. My life is not a soap opera for the impossible to become possible. I turned around but my words got caught up in my throat

"Yes, I brou................."

"EMILY?!"