Chapter Twenty-One

***Emily's POV.***

"Thank you Shawn, I wouldn't have known what to do if not for you." I said as he walked me to the entrance of the airport.

"The pleasure is all mine. Just take care of yourself and like I promised, I will be with you next week. Just have to fin........" His phone started vibrating which interrupted what he was saying.

"Excuse me, got to answer this." I nodded finding it weird why he couldn't talk in front of me but had to walk further away to answer the call.

Maybe is a confidential call. I absentmindedly pulled my luggage to the entrance to wait for him there.

"Sorry, that was a business call I couldn't ignore."

"Don't worry I'm cool." He sent a smile my way making me feel nervous. There was something about that smile that made me think that all was not well. It was the kind of smile that didn't meet the eyes. Yes.....a fake smile.

"Hmmm, I got to go. I have somewhere important I need to be. Don't get me wrong I would have love to......"

"Shawn! Shawn! It's okay. I understand. I will be alright. I just have to check in then I am good to go."

"Thank you baby. Let me know when your plane lands."

"I will. Now go." He placed a perk on my lips before sprinting away. There was this curious side of me that wondered what was so important to him.

I guess I'm a very curious person after all. All my life, I have regarded myself to be someone who doesn't care about others businesses but here I am always wondering what others are doing. My phone started ringing and I rolled my eyes when I realized who was calling. I bet she is coming to lecture me.

***Shawn's POV***

"Hey buddy where are you?"

"I am at airport, WhatsApp?"

"What are you doing there. Have you forgotten today is my last wedding practice? Mike questioned with a pissed off tone."

"Oh geez, I was too occupied that I forgot."

"Occupied with what?" Oh boy, did I say that out loud?

"Nothing, I am on my way there. I will be there in twenty."

"Ten!"

"What?"

"You got to be here in ten minutes or else...." I cut the call not liking the tone he was talking to me with. Who does he think he his?.

"Sorry that was a business call I couldn't ignore."

"Don't worry I'm cool."

I let out an uncomfortable smile not knowing how to break the news to her that I have to leave her. "Hmmm, I got to go. I have somewhere important I need to be. Don't get me wrong I would have love to......"

"Shawn! Shawn! It's okay. I understand. I will be alright. I just have to check in then I am good to go."

"Thank you baby. Let me know when you get there."

"I will. Now go."

I placed a peck on her lips which only increased my thirst for her. I would have taken her to one of the washrooms if not for the urgency to be at the church for that stupid wedding. I swear after this I will quit this damn job and leave this annoying town for good to be with her. I literally sprinted off with her ringing tone fading the further I got. It was with great difficulty that I drove off without looking back at her.