Are you kidding me part 2

Warnings: none
Word count: 847

"Hey Eddie can we stop by my house so I can sneak in and grab a few things?" I ask

"Yea no problem."

We rush into his car and start driving to my place. There wasn't really a way for me to sneak in because my aunt had put locks on all of the windows. I had no choice but to walk through the front door.

We finally arrive at my house, Eddie parks a few houses away. I walk towards my house and walk up the front steps. I quietly open the door, closing it and sneaking in. I tip toe upstairs and grab a bag, throwing in things like clothes, perfume, hairbrush, toothpaste and toothbrush and other essentials I'd need to stay with Eddie.

I almost make it out of the house when I hear my aunt holler.

"Who's there?!" She yells

I try to get out but she stomps into the room, her bones filling with anger when she sees me.

"Why are you here?!"

"I'm getting things so I can stay out."

"Why would you stay out?"

"You kicked me out this morning and said not to come back for a while." I reply

I rush to the door, quickly escaping. I start walking back to Eddie's car and hop into the passenger seat.

"How did it go?" He asks

"I was almost out when she found me. Like I was literally about to open the door and walk out when she came stomping in."

"Did she say anything?"

"Ya a load of shit." I say

We drive back to Eddie's house, making it back into his bedroom. I lay on the floor, reading a magazine while Eddie plucks away at his guitar. The words seemed to be a blur, all I could think about is burdening Eddie with the fact that I'm spending the night. I felt like it would be inconvenient for them and I felt guilt wash over me.

"Hey Ed are you sure I'm ok spending the night here? I feel like I'm burdening you." I awkwardly laugh

"Hey y/n it's completely fine, my mom was even excited about it."

"Ok." I go back to my magazine.

Hours later it's time for dinner and we head downstairs. We all sat around the table and eat.

"So y/n where do you plan on sleeping?" Alex asks

"Oh I'm not sure, if it's ok I'll take the couch?"

"Nah y/n you can take my bed, I'll have the couch." Eddie says

"I'm not gonna take your bed." I shake my head

"We insist." His mom says

"Oh are you sure? The couch can't be comfy."

"Y/n it's fine, you're the guest."

Dinner ends and we all clean up. Eddie and I head back upstairs with Alex.

"So now what?" Alex says

"We could go to the arcade or the gas station or the park? I'm up for anything that you guys wanna do." I say

"We could wait till it gets dark out and then go to the park. We'll be able to see the starts then" Eddie suggests

"Sounds fun." We all agree

To pass time we all hung out and played some music. Eddie was in guitar, Alex on drums and I was on bass. We played a few songs like 'Sunshine of your love' and 'dazed and confused'

If eventually got dark out and we started to walk to the park. We sat on the swings.

"So y/n how long do you think you'll be staying?" Alex asks

"Not sure, hopefully not too long, I don't wanna get in you're guys way or anything."

"You wouldn't get in the way, we all love having you around."

We all lay in the grass, pointing out constellations and making up names for ones we didn't know. We start heading back home.

Alex decides to spend the night at his girlfriends house and eddies parents were at a small party for the night, leaving Ed and I alone.

"Are you really ok with me taking you're bed?" I ask

"Yea it's fine I swear." He laughs

I help him tidy up the living room so he can sleep.

"Eddie?"

"What's up?"

"I feel bad about taking your bed...we should share it." I say

"Are you sure?" He asks

"Yea."

He agrees and we get ready for bed. We both lay down, the cold air sends shivers down my back.

"Cold?" Eddie giggles

"Just a bit."

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer, keeping me warm. I start to think and realize how much I like Ed. This all felt so right.

"Eddie?"

"Hm?"

"I- I think I like you...like a lot." I gulp

"Really? Y/n I've liked you ever since a few summers ago when you bought an extra ice cream just to chuck it at David. Like seriously I've liked you for a while. Like a lot."

He kisses the top of my head. His grip on me eventually loosens and we fall asleep.