Tragedy part 1

Warnings: mentions of suicide
Word count: 944

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off, the sun shining in my eyes. I heard my cat jump onto the side table, swatting at the alarm to turn it off. I blindly grabbed her and pulled her close, cuddling her while she purred.

I got up and got dressed, wearing black jeans, an Iron Maiden t shirt and converse with a leather jacket. I ran downstairs, my house silent, as usual it always was. Eleven years ago, a shooter had come into my house and killed my family, sparing me for some strange reason. And now I'd have to live with the guilt of being alive for the rest of my life.

I walked down the street to my favourite record store. Walking in I saw a guy with shoulder length wavy hair but right and I walked in, he left. How strange. I shrugged and looked towards the bins of records among me. I decide on getting a Black Sabbath album. I walk out of the store, bumping into a tall guy with long light brown hair.

"Getting that for yer boyfriend?" He asks

"No actually I don't have one, it's for me."

"Oh sweet you've got great taste, I'm David by the way."

"I'm y/n."

"Hey I think my friends would love to meet you if you wanna?"

"Yea sure."

He walked me to a park where I saw three other guys, one I recognized from the record store.

"Y/n this is Alex, Michael and that's Edward."

They all said hi to me, awkwardly waving.

"Hey your that girl from the record store earlier! You've got great taste." Edward said

"Oh thanks."

"Hey do you all wanna watch a movie? My parents aren't home." Michael suggested

We all nod and follow him to his place. David and Alex were chatting with Michael, leaving Edward and I in the back.

"You can call me Eddie by the way, for some reason David still calls me Edward, it's kinda weird."

"Oh good to know."

We eventually make it to Michael's house and decide on watching a horror film. Michael left and grabbed four beers, probably assuming that I didn't drink. I watched as Ed opened his can and took a large sip. I snatch the beer from his hands and take a huge gulp, placing it back onto the table. They all turned and looked at me in awe.

"What never met a girl who drinks?"

"No we haven't actually." Alex said

"Well you have now."

We started the movie, I sat by Ed. He put his arm around my shoulder which I wasn't complaining. It got pretty late and I found myself falling asleep in his arms and eventually felt and he picked me up and carried me into a bedroom.

I woke up the next morning to see Michael in the doorway.

"Morning." I say

"Hey, Eddie's been through a lot so just be careful, I wouldn't want either of you getting hurt." He said

I walk downstairs to see all four boys chatting. I reach for another beer. About two hours later I find myself grabbing another beer.

"Why do ya drink so much?" David asks

"Reasons." I say

"Well I've gotta get home, my mom is probably gonna kill me." Dave says

"When are you planning on leaving y/n? Won't your parents be worried?" Michael asks

"Oh yea they'll be shitting bricks." I joke

"Jeez your parents shit bricks?" Alex laughs

"Oh yea lots."

After joking about my dead parents I get pretty fed up and ran out, heading for my house. I didn't think I'd get so worked up about it.

Eddie POV:

I laugh at y/n's shitting bricks comment. She made a few more funny jokes but started to get more and more tense, eventually just getting up and leaving.

"Alex wtf man!" I said

"What?"

"You took her jokes too far."

"Oh come on Ed, for all we know she's got a perfectly functioning family."

"She obviously fucking doesn't if she's storming out like that."

And I ran after her.

Y/n POV:
I opened my front door, slamming it hard after I entered my house. I then leaned against it, sliding down until I was sitting against it. My mind was replaying Alex's laugh, it sounded just like my older brothers. God I missed them so fucking much.

I hear knocks on my door, ignoring them at first. They kept getting louder until I got fed up and carefully opened the door. I felt a wave of relief over myself when I noticed it was just Eddie.

"Ed?"

"Y/n what happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why'd you just run out?"

"Reasons."

"Did Alex take it too far?"

"No."

"Are you ok?"

"Yup I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Ya Ed I'm sure, want a beer?"

"Y/n it's not even one in the afternoon yet."

"Ok and?"

I went and opened another beer.

"Didn't you say your parents would be home?" Ed asked

"Did I?"

"Where are they?"

"Who knows." I said without thinking

"What?" He asked

"It's a long story." I sigh

"Well I've got plenty of time."

"Fine."

He sat down.

"Well about eleven years ago, I was sitting in my bedroom when someone broke in and killed my family. They spared me for some reason but everyone in my family is dead. And Alex didn't take it too far, his laugh made me think of my older brother." I said

"Oh wow y/n I'm so sorry."

He brought me into a tight hug, I immediately teared up. What now?