Rhythem

Warnings: none?
Word count: 854

I'm the rhythm guitarist for the band Van Halen. We hadn't gotten huge yet but I had a feeling it would happen. I knew we didn't need a rhythm guitar since Eddie the lead was so amazing but they invited me along and I guess I'm here to stay.

I hop in my car, my guitar in the backseat. I was headed to David's house for rehearsals. I listen to Peter Frampton while I drive, finally pulling up to David's house. I get my guitar and my shoes click on the pavement as I walk up to the building.

I knock on the door, David let's me in offering me a drink.

"So where's Michael?" I ask

"He's late. Said something about traffic." Alex says

"Oh...I haven't seen any traffic today." I say

"Yea I haven't either." I look over and see Eddie walking in from the kitchen.

We all chat while waiting for Michael. I sit in the couch listening to the others chat, my hair cascading over a pillow and my legs stretched out. I read a magazine, trying my best to be patient with Michael.

He finally shows up.

"Hey guys sorry I'm late, the traffic was insane." He says

"Michael we haven't seen traffic."

"Oh I drove from my girlfriends house so it's pretty far away." We all nod and start to set up

I plug in my guitar, tuning it quickly and fixing my amp settings. We start with some warm up songs that were pretty simple playing stuff like sunshine of your love, cocaine and substitute.

Practice drags on, I watch as Eddie's slender fingers glide up and down his guitar with ease. He just made it look so easy.

"Hey can we do an original? We haven't practiced one in a while." Eddie asks

"Ooo yes! I love doing originals, which one were you thinking?" I reply

"Well I kinda like Jamie's Cryin."

We all agree. Michael starts off with the bass riff, Eddie and I slowly joining in and Alex keeping the beat. David starts singing and it all works together like magic. Eddie starts his solo, his hands moving freely across the frets and ends it by sliding his hand up the neck. Wow that was breathtaking.

Practice ends and we all pack our stuff away. We stay a bit longer for drinks, Michael leaving early. I once again sit in the couch, the sun shining in my brown hair and making my skin glow. I started to think. I really like Eddie, like a lot. He's always been so nice and welcoming even thought he's well aware the band doesn't need a rhythm guitarist. He also just unbelievably charming.

Eddie POV:
I look over to see y/n laying on the couch. The sun beams through the window and onto her skin creating a captivating glowy effect. I can tell she's thinking about something, whenever she is she makes little faces of concentration. It was cute. 

I'd always liked her. From the moment I met her I liked her. She was an amazing guitarist and not to mention a total badass. I always admired the way she didn't give a damn what anyone thought of her. She knew her worth but at the same time she was one of the most humble and genuine people I've ever met. She was stunning.

Y/n POV:
I decide to leave, grabbing my stuff and saying goodbye to everyone. I hop in my car and rush home.

I wake up the next morning, stretching and contemplating what I'd do today. I hear the phone ring and I rush to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey y/n it's Eddie."

"Oh hey Ed what's up?"

"I was wondering if you'd wanna go out later?"

"Sure."

"Oh cool! I'll pick you up at eight."

"Sounds good!"

Holy shit! He just asked me out! I rush upstairs and throw on an outfit and decided to go shopping.

I got a black satin midi skirt and a black corset top. I also bought new perfume and mascara.

I made it home, getting ready. I shower, do my hair and makeup, get dressed, slip on some shoes and douse on some perfume and top it all off with a leather jacket.

Eddie picks me up and we go out to eat. He then takes me to the park. We look at the starts, he points out the few constellations he'd memorised.

"And that's the Big Dipper." He says

"I didn't know you liked astrology." I say

"I'm not really into it I just thought it was fun in school." He laughs

"Yea I guess it was kinda fun to learn."

"Hey y/n..."

"Yea?"

"I think I'm in love with you."

Suddenly his lips are connected with mine, moving with intense passion. His tongue enters my mouth, dancing with mine. He soon pulls apart.

"Eddie I love you too. Like a lot, I have for a while now."

He drapes an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. And he was the love of my life.