Happy birthday

Warnings: none
Word count: 670
I wanted to write this for my birthday which was on April sixth!

My birthday was tomorrow. It's the one day of the year I absolutely dreaded, that and Valentine's Day. It was a stupid celebration, I mean I have to live another year and I get a year older! I just didn't see the point.

I walk down the school hallways with books in my hands. I'd made sure not to tell anyone about my birthday, although I'm sure my close friend Jamie probably told everyone. I also made sure especially not to tell my best friend and crush Eddie, he'd definitely wanna plan a party or something which I definitely didn't want.

I enter my next period class to see David and Michael had saved me a seat.

"Hey y/n what's up?" David says

"Not much you?"

"Nothing really."

Class dragged on and the day eventually ended. I walk home and plan my night. I'd do my homework and then shower and maybe eat and go to bed.

I sat on my bed, doing my math homework when I hear a knock on my window. I glance over and see Eddie with a smile on his face.

I walk over to open the window.

"Hey y/n."

"Hi?"

"Everything ok?" He asks

"Yea. How did you climb onto my roof?"

"Oh I climbed the tree and kinda just jumped." He said

"Oh."

"Yea, so watcha up to?"

"Homework."

We chat for a bit and he had to leave. He said something about "my mom might kill me." And then he was gone.

I eventually went to bed, planning on skipping school the next day.

I wake up in the morning at around 10:00 am, my plan worked perfectly. My aunt had probably already left for work and I successfully missed the morning bell at school.

I lay in bed for a bit, contemplating on what I'd do for the day. I got up and decided on wearing black baggy jeans and a cropped black shirt with an oversized muted black flannel. I slipped on my converse and grabbed a bag and was on my way to the record shop.

I figured that even though I hate my birthday, I'd make the best of it and get my favourite album. So I picked up and iron butterfly album and quickly rushed home to play it.

The day went on pretty quickly and before I knew it, it was about time that school would let out. Now I just have to hope that no one visited me.

Thirty minutes pass and no ones comes, that's good news. Then another fifteen minutes and still, no visitors. Three hours later I hear a knock on my door. It was dark and chilly out so I didn't expect anyone to visit.

I quietly tip toe downstairs and open the door to see Eddie standing there.

"Y/n! You weren't at school?"

"Nah I didn't wanna go."

"Oh. Well I've got something for you."

He grabs my hand and leads me out the door. We end up at the docs, one of my favourite places. He pulls out his guitar and starts to play.

The song was so beautiful and the lyrics were perfect. Not to mention how perfect he looked playing it. The song then ended and he smiled.

"Happy birthday y/n."

"How did you know it's my birthday?" I ask

"Jamie told me."

"Of course she did." I mumble

"Y/n I'm so in love with you." He says

"What?"

"I'm in love with you."

"Holy shit really? Cuz I've been waiting for that forever." I smile

He leans in, gently kissing me. His lips were so soft and perfect and his tongue played perfectly into my mouth. His lips tasted of vanilla and cigarettes, a combo which he knew I adored.

We drove back to my place and cuddled in my bed, his arms wrapped around me. I guess birthdays aren't terrible after all.