I wanna be yours

This is inspired by that song that goes "maybe I just wanna be yours I wanna be yours I wanna be yours." So yea.
Warnings: cussing, mentions of addictions such as alcoholism. Mentions of self harm
Word count: 1037

I've been going through some weird shit lately. My boyfriend (now ex) cheated on me with some old lady, my dad abandoned me, my mom fell into alcoholism and I'd fallen for my best friend. And as much as I hate to say it, I've started to cut again.

I wake up with a headache. The clock reads 10:28 a.m. I groan, not wanting to get up. Ten minutes pass and I finally decide to get up. I quickly shower and get ready. I throw on black acid wash jeans and a red and black striped long sleeve sweater with some converse. I throw on some makeup and perfume and head out of the door, making sure to avoid my mother.

I grab a slushee at the gas station and decide to walk to Alex's house. He's been with me through everything and he's the only one I haven't shut out. I even shut out his brother Eddie, mostly because I had caught feelings for him and didn't want to face it.

I make it up to his house, hoping that Eddie doesn't answer. I knock on the door with a huff. A sigh of relief escapes my lips when Alex opens the door.

"Hey y/n what's up?" He says cooly

"Not much, I'm just bored."

"So you came here?" He laughs

"Yup."

He lets me in, giving me some gum and a bottle of water. We chill for a bit, listening to music and making jokes. A few hours pass.

"Y/n?" He asks

"Huh?"

"You like my brother?" He asks smirking

"I- what? Where'd ya get that." I try to hide it

"You used to be so close with him. Suddenly your shy and quite when he enters the room, you blush whenever he says your name, and you always zone out in class."

"How do you know all of this?" I question

"Well uh Dave told me."

I roll my eyes.

"Look Alex I don't like your brother, and if I did you'd keep your ass shut right?"

"Yea no I wouldn't tell."

"Besides, David's not even a reliable source." I say crossing my arms

The day drags on. Alex and I pull a few pranks, climb a few trees and shoplift from some shitty convenient store. We never talked about Eddie after that conversation. I wonder if he regrets asking me? Probably not.

"Hey Alex it's been really fun but I should probably go." I say

"Yea." He rubs the back of his neck

"I'll see ya later." I say

I make it home, slamming my door shut. I hear my mother yell at me in the background. It's 9:36 p.m. by now, I could probably sneak out.

I throw on a new outfit. Straight leg jeans, a black silk tank top and an oversized jacket, with layered jewelry. Once again I spray perfume and grab a bag.

I slowly open my window, making sure to be silent. I climb onto my roof and grab onto the tree in my yard. I climb down the tree, reaching the ground.

I decide to walk to a meadow, maybe I could do some aesthetic shit like wish on a star while drinking a slushee.

I chew some gum while walking down the street. I make it to a meadow, the moonlight shines beautifully on the grass, creating an eerie yet soothing glow.

I sit against a tree, making sure the moonlight shines directly on me. I grab a notebook and pen and scratch down some poetry and thoughts. I take my gum wrapper and use it as a bookmark.

I sit in the moonlight for a while, breathing the fresh air and taking everything in. Everything was so peaceful during the night. The glow of the moon could make anything seem ethereal and simply beautiful.

I hear footsteps. I grab my things and quickly put them into my bag, looking around to try and spot anyone. I see a boy approach, he has shoulder length fluffy hair and wears a shirt with cuffed sleeves.

"Hey y/n." It's Eddie

Eddie the guy I shut out because I started to fall in love with him, Eddie my best friend, Eddie the one who mesmerized me.

"Holy shit." I whisper

"It's been a minute." He says

"Yea..." I awkwardly reply

"So what's been going on?" He asks

"Uh...Alex hasn't told you?"

"He didn't say much, just that things haven't been great lately."

I sigh, shaking my head. I glance over at Eddie, his skin illuminated in the glow of the moon.

"Look Eddie I didn't mean to shut you out or anything. So much has been going on lately, I mean my mom is just doing so bad and my boyfriend cheated on me an-" I cut myself off

"And? And what? Y/n I just hate to see you feeling like this."

"Eddie I-"

"Y/n I know this is fucking cheesy, but you can tell me anything."

I was silent. What was I supposed to do, spill my guts out to him? I mean maybe?

"Eddie..." I trailed off

I went silent again. I had to find the right words. He waited, a look of deep concern surfaced his face.

"Maybe I just wanna be yours." I mumble

"What was that?"

"Maybe I just wanna be yours!" I say louder

"You wanna be mine?"

"I wanna be yours!" I yell, tears flow down my face

He pulls me in quickly.

"Y/n I had no idea you felt like that. If anything I thought you liked Alex."

"I just wanna be yours." I sniffle

He kisses me, his hands run through my hair and rest on my hips. I sit in shock for a moment. I start to kiss back, tasting the saltiness of my tears. My hands find his hair, lightly tugging on it. He pulls apart, with a smile on his face.

"You really wanna be mine?"

"Yea..."

"Y/n, will you be my girl?"

"Yea." I smile, my eyes still red