Valentine's

Warnings: none
Word count: 838
Happy Valentine's Day! I'm not a huge fan of the holiday but here's this story! Hope you all had a good day.

It was the day before valentines, my least favourite holiday. The thought of it was kinda stupid to me and a little baby flying around with a bow and arrow was quite creepy. All of it just made me gag.

I sit in my bedroom reading a magazine when I heard the phone ring. I rush to pick it up.

"Hello?" I say

"Hey it's Eddie."

"Oh hey Ed what's up?"

"Are you free on valentines?" He asks

"Yea why?"

"I'm picking you up at eight." And he abruptly hung up

I was beyond confused but didn't think much of it. He'd been my best friend since we were young and was always doing stuff like this. I got ready for bed and fell asleep contemplating on what events might occur the next day.

I woke up to a beautiful snowy day. I remember it's Valentine's Day and shuddered. Eddie knew how much I hated the pointless holiday but he still decided to celebrate with me.

I'd probably have to get him a gift or something. I quickly got ready dressing quite lazy for my quick trip to the mall. I bought an outfit for tonight and decided on getting Eddie some titanium guitar picks. He was always talking about how much he'd wanted them but they were a bit too pricey.

I drove back home and packaged his gift in a small red box. I wrapped the picks in light pink tissue paper and placed them into the box. By now it was almost six at night and I had to get ready.

I took a shower and shaved. I got out and moisturised my did skincare. I then threw on the outfit. I wore a satin slip dress with a slit at the leg over a dark red long sleeve shirt. I doused myself in perfume and layered on some jewellery. I finished my hair and makeup and wore some platform boots to finish the outfit. I then threw on a jacket to match and checked myself in the mirror while waiting for Eddie.

I hear the doorbell ring and I rush downstairs. I open the door and see Eddie with a bouquet of maroon roses.

"These are for you." He says

"Thanks a lot Ed they're beautiful. You can come in for a minute, it's freezing outside." I say

He steps in and closes the door while I get the flowers into a vase.

"So what are we doing tonight?" I ask

"It's a surprise." He grins

"Of course it is."

We then walk out to his car where he plays a cassette with a bunch of love songs like "love of my life" and "and I love her" it was quite charming.

My favourite love song came on which is "all of my love" by led zeppelin. Eddie glances over at me with a grin on his face, he knew exactly what he was doing.

We make it to his place, he opens my car door and helps me out. We walk up the stairs to his apartment and he opens the door. We walk in and I see a few movies laid out on his coffee table. I also see a few candles and drinks.

"What's all this?" I ask

"I know you love movie nights so we're gonna have a movie night!" He says

I smile.

"Well of course we'll have dinner first." He says

He walks me into the kitchen and shows me the pasta he made.

"You made all this?" I ask

"Yup."

We finish dinner and decide on watching a horror film, they were my favourite.

The movie soon ended and it was late at night and he insisted on driving me back to my place. We clean up and hop in his car.

"Thanks for everything Ed it means a lot." I say

"Of course, anything for you."

He walks me up to my apartment and kisses me goodnight before leaving. I was kinda hoping for him to ask me to be his girlfriend but he didn't. I guess it's not a big deal.

I start to climb the stairs when I hear the doorbell ring. I go to open it and see Eddie.

"Ed?"

"Y/n, I was meaning to ask you this but I forgot, I just got so caught up in everything else."

"Oh?"

"Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Oh Ed sure I'd love to."

"Oh wow that's good to hear." He smiles

"Do you wanna stay the night? It's freezing out there."

I let him in and give him some clothes he left from a while ago. We brush our teeth and crawl into bed.

"I love you y/n." He says, pulling me closer

"I love you too Ed."

He leaned in and kissed me, his lips perfectly brushing against mine. His tongue ties with mine as my cheeks start to glow red. I then pull apart, resting my head on his chest and drifting to sleep.