Midnight dances part 2

Warnings: none
Word count: 355
Request for: Luci_Bvb

I got up early to get to the grocery store, Eddie and I haven't gone in weeks. I wore a red silk skirt and black cropped shirt with a leather jacket and platform combat boots. I walk out to my car and head to the store.

I scan the isles to make something for dinner that night but couldn't find what I needed which resulted in me asking an employee.

"Erm- excuse me miss?" I say

"Hmm?"

"Uhh do you happen to know where the pasta is?"

"You're gonna have to speak a bit clearer I can't understand a word you're saying."

"Sorry. Do you mind helping me find the pasta?"

"Still can't understand."

"The pasta? Where is it?"

"Look hon, you're gonna have to leave my store immediately." They say

"Oh?"

"I think you're in the wrong place." They say, escorting me out.

I guess they aren't very tolerant of French accents.

I get in my car to drive back home. The thought of returning the France crosses my mind. I did miss it a lot, and the people understood me. But Eddie, I couldn't just leave him.

I get back home, rushing up to the apartment that Ed and I shared. He's been the only one in California that's been so welcoming.

The first thing I see when I walk in is Eddie on the couch.

"Hello darling. Didn't get anything?" He asks

"I got kicked out." I say

"What why?"

"The person didn't understand what I was saying so she escorted me out of the store."

"Oh y/n that's awful. She must've been so rude."

"Yea...maybe it's best if I went back to France."

"What?"

"Well everyone there can understand me and I just miss it."

"Y/n please do t go back! Please."

"I don't know."

"Y/n.....I was gonna wait but." He got down on one knee, taking my hands in his. "Y/n, veux-tu  m'épouser?(will you marry me)."

"Eddie I- of course I'll marry you! I love you so much." I hug him as he kisses my neck and cheeks.