Wounds

Warnings: knifes, attacks, stitches
Word count: 1057

I sit in my bedroom, flipping through a magazine and sipping on an iced coffee. Suddenly I hear a window break. My breath hitches and everything went silent. I set down my glass and quietly tiptoe across my room, putting my ear against the door. I hear footsteps coming from my living room and I walk downstairs.

I see a man, probably in his late twenties. He had dirty blonde hair and I noticed he wore white converse. I kept quiet, approaching him. He suddenly turns around, a blood thirsty look in his eyes. Panic spread across my face and my breath was heavy. He came closer to me, sending chills down my spine.

"I- do I know you?" I stutter

He comes towards me with speed, his hands grabbing my wrists. I fall to the ground, grabbing a nearby object and throwing it at him. He pulls out a knife from his back pocket, aimlessly swinging at me. I Koch his stomach and he falls over. I rush into the kitchen, grabbing a pan and making my way back into the living room. The man was standing back up, once again advancing towards me, sweat dripping down his forehead. He kicks me in the stomach, spinning me around and holding me by the arms. He takes his knife and sticks it straight into my side.

"Fuck!" I scream

He takes the knife away from my side and I spin around and hit him with the pan, struggling to breath. I stumble towards him, trying my best to knock him out. He throws the knife, cutting my arm and passing straight through the wall, sticking in. I turn towards him again and his him with the pan and he kicks me away, cowering and slipping out of my apartment. My breaths are heavy and inconsistent, my head dizzy and my skin pale. Blood gushed out my side and arm and I blindly make my way into my kitchen to call someone.

"Hello?" I hear Eddie's voice

"Ed!" I stutter

"Y/n? What's up?"

"I- are you busy?" I ask

"Not really why?"

"Could you come over? Quick?"

"Yea sure what's up?"

"It's a long story. If you're busy you can come later I'll wait." I stumble over my words

"No it seems important, I'll be right there." He says

He hangs up the phone, leaving me limping and holding my side as blood runs down my side and leg. I fall to the floor, curling into a ball to stop the pain.

Twenty minutes passes and I hear my apartment door open.

"Y/n?" I hear Eddie call

"Ed." I say

"Holy shit. What the hell happened?" He says in a panic

"Someone broke in thats all." I say

"Where's Jamie? Your roommate?" He asks

"She's out somewhere I don't know."

"Alright I'm gonna try to find her cuz she'll know how to deal with this." He says

I nod, closing my eyes.

"She's coming now." He says

He moves my hand from my side, immediately placing it back when he saw the blood. He took his shirt off, wrapping it around my arm.

"You're a life saver." I smile

"Not really." He laughs

We hear Jamie enter the apartment, gasping. She immediately rushes into the kitchen, coming back with a bunch of bandaids and towels.

"Here Ed hold this at her side, apply pressure." She says

"I- uhm her shirt is in the way." He mumbles

"So take it off." Jamie replies

"Take it off?" He questions

"Yes, the only thing that matters right now is fixing her up, it doesn't matter just do it." She says

He lifts up my shirt, his eyes going wide at the wound. He holds a towel on the gash, applying light pressure.

"How's it feel?" Jamie asks me

"Like I'm gonna be sick." I laugh

"You might need stitches." She says

"That's fine." I roll my eyes

After the bleeding stops, she covers the wound in a giant bandaid and gauze. The two walk away into the kitchen and I attempt to stand. I grip my side, wincing in pain. I stand up, groaning and limping. The two come back, rushing over to me and laying me down on the couch.

"Ugh I hate this." I say

An hour passes, Jamie and Eddie stay by my side.

"Is it supposed to hurt this much?" I ask

"You might need to go to a hospital." Jamie says

"Absolutely fucking not. I hate hospitals." I say

"You're going." She says

"No I'm not."

"Y/n you're gonna have to go at some point."

"Fine."

We walk out to the car and drive to the hospital. We get checked in and immediately brought to a room.

"So Mrs. y/l/n, what's happened here?" A nurse asks

"Well someone broke into my apartment and stabbed me in the side." I say calmly

"Alright we're gonna need to have a look at that."

She lifts my shirt up, peeling off the bandaids and examining the wound. I wince at every slight movement.

"That's pretty bad, we're gonna need to give you some stitches and medication."

I nod.

"Do you have any idea who did this? The police should be contacted immediately."

"I'm not sure, he had dirty blonde hair and wore white converse." I say

She nods, leaving the room.

"Eddie, I don't have money for medication. Or stitches. I can't believe I have to pay these people for something I already fucking knew, besides I could've easily stitched myself up." I say

"You could not have stitched yourself up, that would've been bad. And we'll figure it out, the most important thing is that your safe." He says

The nurse comes back, laying me down and doing my stitches. She quickly finishes and prescribes my meds, sending me out to the lobby.

We make it back to the apartment, Eddie and Jamie insisted on having a chill night.

"Y/n we should watch a movie." Ed suggests

"Yea sure."

I sit next to him on the couch, his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to him.

"Shit this fucking hurts like a bitch." I say

Eddie kisses my cheek, keeping me warm.

"I love you y/n." He says

"I love you too." I smile