Rainy days

Warnings: none
Word count: 1365

I wake up to the sound of someone saying my name.

"Y/n. Pssst! Y/n." My eyes open and I see Eddie standing in my doorway

I immediately grab my covers and pull them closer to me, covering up.

"Jesus fuck Ed, you scared me."

"Jeez what's the big deal? Not wearing anything under there?" He chuckles

"I- I don't know how to respond to that." I yawn "So why'd you come here? Is it urgent or can I go back to sleep?"

"Well my parents are renewing their wedding vows and I wanted you to go with me?" He asks

"When is it?"

"In two days."

"Yea sure. What's the attire?"

"Just anything formal but not too fancy ya know?" He says

"Ya."

"Ok great. You can go back to sleep if you want." He says, sitting in a chair

"Nah I'll just get up." I say

I get up and head to my bathroom and get ready for the day. I decide to wear something simple so that I could shop for a dress today. I wanted it to be perfect, maybe a red dress with black lace or something.

I walk out of my bathroom and see Eddie flipping through a magazine.

"Hey Ed I'm going shopping." I say

He nods.

I leave my house, driving to a few places around. I look in a few stores, not finding anything cute to wear. Some of the employees gave me strange looks when I asked for a black dress.

I make it to the last store of the day, hoping they'd have what I was looking for. I walk in and instantly see a large variety. There were yellows and greens, blues and purples and even some brown dresses. They had anything from prom gowns to wedding dresses to short casual dresses.

I walk to the back of the store, seeing pinks and oranges and finally stopping at the black section. There were big ball gowns and short dresses. I look for awhile, getting discouraged when I don't see anything. I turn to leave when I see it. It was the perfect dress. It was mid calf length satin black dress with a scoop neck top and thin straps. It was gorgeous. I immediately picked it up and paid.

I hoped that Eddie wasn't still at my place, I didn't want him to see the dress before the wedding thing. I park at my house, not seeing eddies car and sigh of relief. I make it upstairs and hang the dress in my closet.

Two days pass and it's finally time for the event. I woke up a bit late but still managed to get ready. I quickly shower and dry off, doing skincare and hair care. I then slip on a strapless bra and panties. I curl my hair and do my makeup, eventually putting on the dress. I decide on wearing black heels that were red underneath. I douse myself in perfum and Eddie soon rings my doorbell.

I rush downstairs to get it, nervous about the dress. What if he didn't like it? Or what if he showered me in compliments? I hate compliments.

I take a deep breath, opening the door. I see Eddie in a black tuxedo. He looked great.

"Wow y/n you look stunning." He says

"Oh thank you. You look great too." I smile

He takes my hand, leading me out to his car. He opens the door for me and shuts it when I get in. We drive to the venue, listening to Eric Clapton on the way.