Stranger

Warnings: none
Word count: 1468

I stand in my kitchen, making a fresh pot of coffee. I press the button and the coffee starts brewing and I hear a knock on my front door.
I walk over to the door and open it, seeing my friend Eddie.

"Hi?" I say

"Y/n! The band has a gig tonight at your favourite bar, the guys wanted to know if you'd wanna come see it?" He asks

"Yea I guess, what time?"

"It starts at 9:45 p.m."

"Ok cool, I'll see you there." I say

"Great." He smiles "see ya."

I close the door, smiling as I walk back into the kitchen. I look at the clock seeing it was 5:48 p.m, I'd have plenty of time before the show started. I pour my cup of coffee and walk into my bedroom, placing it on a coaster and putting an album on the turntable, Layla by Derek and the dominoes.

I take a sip of coffee, setting the glass back down before walking to my closet. I skim through my clothes, deciding on dark wash bell bottom jeans and a cropped ac/dc t shirt. I grab a flannel to go over it and decide on wearing high top converse. I walk into the bathroom and do my makeup, keeping it simple with a bit of concealer and mascara. I douse myself in perfume and head back into my bedroom, finishing up my coffee. By now it was 6:57 p.m, and I still had plenty of time before the show started.

I rush downstairs, grabbing cigarettes, a pack of gum and my wallet, heading for my door. I walk down the street, rushing into the nearest gas station. I grab a slushee and a lighter and head back home. I sip on my slushee, my tongue turning blue. I walk back into my bedroom, passing a mirror. I set my slushee on a table, going back to the mirror and studying the reflection.

I decide on changing my shirt to a white fitted crop top with red sleeves, tying the flannel around my waist. I finish my slushee and wait for time to pass. It's 8:23, still plenty of time before the gig. I sit on my bed, grabbing a book and skimming through the pages to pass time. Before I know it, it's time to leave. I grab my wallet, cigarettes and gum, once again heading out the door.

I walk down the street to the bar, shoving my hands in my pockets, my jewelry jingling with every step I take. I walk through the door of the bar, heading to the backstage area.

The scent of cheap beer and sweat hit me like a bus, causing my head to go dizzy. I shake it off, walking down a small hallway and into the backstage room.

"Y/n, you made it." David says

"Oh hey Dave." I say "how ya been?"

"Pretty good man, you?"

"Pretty good, thanks."

"No problem sugar." He smiles "here for Edward?"

"Not specifically, I'm here for all of you I guess." I shrug "and they give out free drinks on fridays."

"Nice." He nods "well Edward is over there." He points to a closed door

"Thanks."

I walk over to the door, gently knocking.

"Come in." I hear ed say

My hands falls onto the doorknob and I open the door. I see Eddie, facing opposite of me, guitar in his lap as he plucks away at the strings.

He turns around, smiling upon my arrival.

"You made it!" He says

"Of course I made it, how could I not?"