Weddings

Warnings: none
Word count: 678

I jolt awake to my phone ringing. It was late afternoon and I found myself exhausted from sleeping on my couch the night before. I groggily get up and walk to my phone.

"Hello?" I say

"Hey y/n it's Eddie! My friend is having his wedding and I wanted to know if you'd wanna come with me? It's tomorrow, I'll pick you up." He says

"Yea sure."

"Great." He hung up

I fucking hate weddings. I guess the only reason I agreed to go is because Eddie asked. I sigh.

I wasn't very productive for the rest of the day, I just kinda sat around watching tv or lazily sweeping the floors. Then nighttime came and I had a wave of energy. I cleaned my entire apartment and completely went through my house to get rid of anything I didn't need. I look over at the clock and see it's seven in the morning and I'd stayed up super late. I decide to get an hour of sleep in before I had to get ready for the wedding.

Hours later I wake up. I was beyond exhausted. I look over at the clock and see it's noon. Shit I have to get ready.

I dash upstairs, quickly showering and getting ready. I wore a black denim mini skirt and a black button up shirt with a loose red tie. I slip on my hightop converse and douse myself in perfume. I look in the mirror and see huge eye bags but I didn't have time. I did my mascara and dashed back downstairs while cuffing the sleeves of my shirt. I hear the doorbell ring and I answer it to see Eddie.

"Hey y/n!" He says, clearly not surprised by my sloppy outfit.

"Hey Ed!"

We walk out to his car and drive to the wedding. I knew my close friends would be there, including Jamie who always worried about me.

We arrive at the venue and walk in, Eddie getting greeted by a few people. I got a few dirty looks to which I returned. Eddie goes to find Alex and I see Jamie approach me.

"Y/n you look like you've just woken up!" She says

"I did just wake up." I roll my eyes

"The outfit isn't surprising at all I wouldn't expect more from you but you truly look exhausted."

"I'm aware." I say, popping my bubblegum

Soon enough it's time for everyone to sit and watch the wedding. It felt as if it dragged on forever.

They kiss to finalise the marriage and we all get to stand up. The ceremony finishes and everyone starts to leave.

I feel myself getting pulled aside and look up to see Eddie.

"Ed? What's up?"

"Y/n I'm in love with you." He says

"What?"

"I've known for awhile but I just had to tell you." He says

"Ed I- wow I like you too."

He backs me up so that I'm leaning against the stone of the building and his hands find my waist. He bends down, his lips just barely brushing mine. He pulls back as a blush spreads across my cheeks.

"Holy shit y/n I didn't think you'd ever blush in your entire life." He says

"Yea I didn't think so either." I shrug

We escape the wedding, heading back to his place. We climb up the steps to his apartment and make it inside to where he immediately slams the door and kisses me once again. I sloppily kiss back in exhaustion.

"Y/n you seem worn out." He says

"Yea I am."

"How late did you stay up?"

"Seven in the morning." I say

"Holy shit." He says

My eyes are heavy and I yawn. He leads me upstairs to his bedroom, where I slip off my shoes and loosen my tie even more, laying down almost collapsing. He follows me into bed, moving me closer to him as he cradled me. I fall asleep in his arms, his scent putting me to rest.