Ice Cream!

Evie's POV

"Zoom!"

"Zoom!"

"Zoom!"

I glance over at Cass who had managed eat her cat-a-chino in under five minutes. Now, she has to run off the extra energy by running in circles around the tables. Luckily the owner didn't seem to mind.

We had left the science fair a bit early, since we had to be back to the dorms by eleven and it was almost nine now. Though I have to admit, it is a beautiful night.

"Cass." I pause for her to stop running in circles.

"Are you done?" I question for her to change to human form and come over, only to sit and cling to my side.

"My Evie!" She states, looking to Doug before nuzzling into my side. I give a small chuckle.

"I hope the fair wasn't too boring. I know many of the experiments weren't as complex as the ones we've looked at for class."

"Oh no, it was absolutely wonderful Doug. There were so many interesting things, and it was nice meeting Scowl."

"Heh, yeah, I'm kind of surprised. Usually, he's a bit more, um. . . "

"Grumpy?" I chuckle, "Well, that is understandable, but he seemed quite nice. Cass even mentioned liking him."

"He's the human male version of Bunny! Swooped hair, eyeliner, earring and all!" Cass says before her smile faulters.

"You miss her." Doug says before I could. Cass nods.

"I met her in kindergarten. Her brother Baxter introduced us on the first day."

"Baxter? I thought her brother's name was Buster."

"Baxter's another one of her brothers. She has fourteen siblings. At least from the ones that are still at home."

"Fourteen!?" Doug questions wide-eyed. I chuckle taking a bite of my salted caramel sundae.

"Yeah. Bunny's a rabbit. " C chuckles, "The name should have told you that."

"Well yeah, but like I didn't- that is- I expected-"

"Wonderland would follow your human physics of one baby at a time?" Cass questions before scoffing and smiling. "Please, we age like humans but that doesn't mean we are humans. Heck if we were I wouldn't have just gotten a cup of tasty fluff."

"Okay that's fair." Doug says before the bell on the door rings. Cass perks up.

"Scowleywag!" Cass cheers changing into cat form and dashing over. I smile and shake my head.

"She took to him so well."

"And he took to her. I don't think I've ever heard him talk about any girl like that before."

"What did he say?"

"Well, he seemed to really like her mischievous nature, and enjoyed her sass. Oddly enough he didn't even mention anything about her perky attitude."

"She has always been quite bubbly, but Wonderland does look like a place filled with joy, especially with how beautiful it is."

"You've seen it?"

"Personally? No, but Cass is always happy to show pictures. If she was with her Wonderland friends, then there will be a . . . . questionable scene happening, but if you ignore it and focus on the background, you'll see that it's quite beautiful."

"Questionable how?"

"Guess who got another cat-a-chino!" Cass cheers sliding into me as Scowl sits across from her. Three other middle-schoolers sit beside them as the other tables fill up.