Appolgy and Cat-ra-te

Jay's POV

"Carlos!" I scream, trying to get my sock away from Dude, "Tell this dog to stay away from my socks!"

"Well if you put them in the hamper he wouldn't be getting them." He counters before telling Dude to release. I look at the fabric. Wet, mangled, and a hole in the heel.

Knock Knock

I drop the sock and go open the door to see Gareth looking as ridiculous as ever. Oh no you don't!

I grab him by the collar and hold him in the air.

"Whoah! Whoah! Whoah! I just came to give an apology!" I blink.

"A what?"

"An apology! Ya know to say 'I'm sorry'?"

"Jay," I look over my shoulder before dropping the punk.

"Thanks." He breathes as I step away and let Car talk to him. Didn't step too far away though. Just in case.

"Listen Carlos," Gareth starts, rubbing his neck, "I- I messed up. Big time."

"Yeah you did." I mumble for Carlos to elbow me.

"Look, I've been friends with the Kash cousins for years. I always thought to just go along with it, and. . ." He sighs, "That's no excuse."

"What are you saying, Gareth?" C questions for the punk to take a breath.

"I'm sorry. For the locker, for pushing you around, and definitely for making you nearly relive an experience from the isle." I glance at Car, as his look softens.

"I just-" Gareth continues, "Can we start over?" Carlos thinks.

"Sure." Oh c'mon!

"Great. Well, I'm Gareth. Welcome to Aurodon, and I'm happy to have you as a teammate for tourney."

"Do you always dress this way?" C chuckles as I size up the punk. He looked so stupid, but the guy-liner fit him pretty well. 

"Nah, I'm trying to get rid of a rash or something. Should be gone by tomorrow, which reminds me, I have to go possibly put peanut butter in my socks."

"Alright, well, I'll see ya at practice." Car laughs turning away. I give a fake chuckle before bringing the door to a near close and glaring at the kid.

I point to my eyes, then to him. Jab my thumb at Car. Point to him again, then drag my thumb across my neck. His eyes widen and he nods. I give a stiff nod and shut the door. 

"I don't trust him."

"Jay,"

"I'm serious! Why would he say he's sorry when we know he's gonna hang out with the other two again!?" I walk to my side of the room.

"Jay," I look at him, "Evie said he realized what he was gonna put me through, and his apology was sincere." Censor?

"Censor!? You mean he was calling you a-"

"No, no, no! That's not what I said!" He stops me, waving his arms, "I said his apology was sincere. He was being honest." I fold my arms.

"I don't buy it."

"Fine, but I'm not gonna worry about him." He zips up his bag. "As of now though, don't we need to be in the ample theater?"

Lonnie's POV

Oof!

"Push with your legs."

"Gah!"

"Keep your guard up!" I strike him in the shoulder.