Secrets

Cass's POV

"Ugh this stuff feels so gross. I don't see how you do it every day." I say to Smiley as we head to the tourney field.

"You get used to it after a while, and what made you wanna dress up today? Expecting to find a hot date?" She giggles for me to nervously chuckle.

"Don't be ridiculous Peppy. Besides, it's not that dressy." I look down at my outfit. I had found a pink tube top I had forgotten about, some jeans with roses on them, and beat up sneakers. For the trinkets, I added some blossom earrings, a chain hooked to my belt loops, and a black beanie and ring. Then, I added a small amount of makeup just to not completely expose my skin to the sun.

"Still you look really good and I know it'll be catching the eyes of some boys." She nudges and winks at me. I pin my ears back.

"Please they'll look then won't give me a second glance."

"You say that, Cassey, but you never know."

"No, I know and I think Prissy McDumped is calling you." I huff nodding to where Audrey is tapping her foot with her hands on her hips, glaring at us. I tell Smiles I'll see her after the game before going into the bleachers and finding Ria.

"Hey Stripey McGrowler." I smile, changing to cat form and siting by her.

"Hey Kitty cat. How you doing?"

"Pretty okay. My makeup feels gross though. What have you been up to?"

"Oh just the usual. Breakfast and such, though I did see Felix this morning and that was. . . um, something."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, he said something about you and him possibly having a date tonight?"

"We do. Though I don't quite know when he wants to leave for it. I haven't seen him today." I look up at her for her to have a nervous look on her muzzle, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I mean. Sure. It's just-" She pauses, shuffling her paws, "I just- I just thought you had something going on with Berlioz."

"Berlioz!?" I question, nearly falling off the bench in surprise. "I haven't heard from him since he left from coronation. I sent him and the others a letter last Wednesday but haven't heard anything back. Why would you think I had something going with him?"

"Well, when he was here, you two seem to be quite, um, friendly, with each other."

"Ri, I've been friendly with most of the ones I've met here." I pause to remember, "Well, I did get off to a rocky start with Doggo, and I'm not fond of Victoria or Jennifer's groups, but most of everyone else I did good."

"That's not quite what I mean. Think about it, he loved going along with your game, he came and found you on family day, you danced together in his uncles' song, you snuck off to be together during the fireworks and agreed to write to each other while he's away."

"So? Dude, Marie and Touley played with us too. I had agreed the day before to hang out with his family. We were having fun singing and dancing to his uncles' song. We went off to get away from the humans and so we wouldn't get stepped on, and we agreed to keep in touch like friends should." I defend spotting a piece for fur sticking up on my paw.

"You knew him for barely two days."

"And we became friends during it." I pause licking my fur to throw her a glare, "You can't tell me that creatures can't make friends in two days when half the famous couples here fell in love in one." She pauses.

"Alright that's fair, but I will say you two really seemed to have bonded and I think Berlioz may have felt something between you."

"You want me to ask him about it in my next letter?"