Sleepy Kitty

Evie's POV

"Tell me she didn't actually-"

"She did." I sigh as me and Mal look at our favorite cat. Cass was leaning against her head board, completely knocked out, with, not a text book, not a diary, not even a sketchbook. No she was laying in bed with a dictionary in her lap.

"She's dedicated I'll give her that."

"Think we should just let her sleep? It was probably a long night for her."

"I wish we could but she has that project to catch up on. Plus Jemma said that it was mail day and Cass is expecting that stuff from her dad."

"Oh, okay, but she will need at least four cat naps to catch up on sleep." I pause as we go over and sit either side of C

"Kitten, time to wake up." I drum my fingers on her head.

"Brrrrrb?" Her eyes flutter open, she looks at us. "Mm, myxomycete." We chuckle.

"Good job Cat. You win." Mal says as Cass stretches.

"You them alpha net wanna not porters, rats feets sacks not you wanna orchids?" She asks, her eyelids drooping. We pause a minute.

"Uh, no, no. You win. Now what say we go down to breakfast?" Mal replies, decoding Kitty's scrambled nonsense faster.

"Milk kibble ?" Cass questions, as we get up, with her nearly falling over.

"I think the Chef was gonna do omelets or oatmeal today." I reply, helping to steady her.

"Uh mote eat with fish met zeal." She mumbles, trudging her way to the bathroom. However she missed judged where the door was and walked into the wall.

"To the left."

"Take now back y'all." Cass sings before running into the wall again. I rush over and move her over. Once the door closes, I look at Mal.

"New rule. No M game." She laughs and nods before asking me how far I've gotten with everyone's jacket designs.

"Well, I've only gotten twenty seven designed, but since I did all my homework last night after dinner, I should be able to finish designing the rest by tomorrow."

"And I'm guessing you already have one drawn for me?"

"Oh you know I do, and though Cass won't want to wear hers now that they're so popular, she will want to wear it when it goes out of style, so I might as well make her one too."

"Sounds like a good idea. I'll join her."

"Oh no, you're wearing yours as soon as it's made. We can't have the king's girlfriend being out of style." I say before applying my lipsick.

"Soup isle what?" Cass mumbles coming out, her hair was still a mess and her eyes were fighting to stay open.

"Surprise that you didn't at least fix your hair. Kitten, you're a mess!" I exclaim, pulling her over to my desk.

"Kitten notta." She yawns as I start brushing her hair and putting it in a braid. I notice Mal pick up the dictionary.

"C, you know you were already winning the game, you didn't have to go this far."

"Wonka Baking notta." Cass mumbles, "No mumble M dorks." I look to Mal again, who shakes her head and shrugs.

"Honestly Cassey, even we could hardly understand that." I sigh, securing her hair.

"Well, as much as I'd love to stay and help decode her sentences, I promised Ben we'd meet in the courtyard before breakfast." Mal says heading for the door. I glance over for her to nod towards Cass and raise an eyebrow. I give a reassuring smile and nod.