You Did What!?

Wonderland: Queen of Hearts Castle

Jackson POV

"Oh, these fabrics are fantastic! I'll need at least a hundred yards of each." I say to Madame Feltress.

"Not a problem your highness. We will get right to work." She says for me to give my thanks before bidding her good day. I begin making my way to the spa to have a little unwind time before supper, that is, before my hand caller rings.

"Hello! Jackson Heart, Future King of Hearts speaking."

"Hey Jack." I hear before gasping.

"Kabootle! HelloOo, how are you, my favorite little pumpkin?" I ask as my heart fills. Oh, it's so good to hear her again.

"Bad." She says for me to perk. My, she must be livid if she's admitting it.

"Oh? What happened, my lovely?"

"Jackie it's been the worst day that I've ever spent in Aros pond!" She yells as I make it to the spa, being greeted by Flo. "Honestly this morning I had to talk with Evie about forcing makeovers. Then had a fight with the guy I'm supposed to go out with, who calls off the date, all because he believes another stupid rumor going around that my so called friend made up, and then I get another fight with said friend who can't understand the word no!"

I pause to let her breathe as I take a seat at the hair wash.

"Oh my dear," I rest my hand on my cheek, "I am so sorry. Though I thought you wanted out of this date, yes?"

"Well at first yeah!" She whines as Flo removes my jewelry, "He was an absolute thorn, but then he like asked to start over and I said yes because let's face it I can't say no to catnip and lavender."

"True." I breath recalling how she can never turn down a proposal if offered the two plants. They do match her aesthetic after all.

"Yeah, and so we started talking in class, and had dinner together in the caf every other night. And while yeah, he was still kind of jealous of my friends or whatever, I thought that it may just take some more time to get over it, and you know, I could tell he was trying, but like we were planning to go to a little seafood place on the coast then to a movie that we both had agreed on, and then go to a little café for coffee after. So— I just— I was— I was really looking forward to this date Jackson!" She sniffles as I blink back some tears.

"Oh Cassy." I place my hand on my heart, "I know it hurts. . . . It hurts a bunch." She takes a shakey breath.

"He turned out to be an actual decent guy Jackie."

"I know, and you are so brave to kick the ring into the field, especially in a new place." I pause, "But you deserve someone who doesn't get jealous or believes lies about you. You are worth so much more than that."

"I know." She gulps, "I just wish it wasn't because of a rumor that this came to a heel."

"Yes. . . but what was this rumor?" I question as I get leaned back, and put her on speaker. Flo knows how to mind her business.

"Smiley made it up. She said that I was dating her cousin Scowl. I'm not, and no he's not the one I had the fight with, nor do I have any feelings for him."

"Well—"

"And he doesn't have feelings for me either. He's—" She stops as Flo starts with the shampoo.

"He's . . ?"

"I can't say," She states. Mmmm, I see.

"But anyway Smiley insists that we're meant for each other!"